• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Presumably sky sports and ESPN have done their homework before reporting this….even then I can hardly believe it. Lewis has been with Mercedes (and McLaren Mercedes) his whole F1 career, and it’s not like Ferrari are greener pastures

Last edited:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much the transfer depends on the performance of this year’s Mercedes…

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean I guess if he’s dead set on leaving MB then Ferrari’s the only team that’s not a sure step backwards.

Joining RB is not an option given how horrible they are in general as well as horrible they have been to him specifically. McLaren has their driver lineup locked in.

But why leave? The team’s identity is built around him and Ferrari still needs to prove that it’s no longer an organizational sh!t show under Vasseur.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean I guess if he’s dead set on leaving MB then Ferrari’s the only team that’s not a sure step backwards.

Joining RB is not an option given how horrible they are in general as well as horrible they have been to him specifically. McLaren has their driver lineup locked in.

But why leave? The team’s identity is built around him and Ferrari still needs to prove that it’s no longer an organizational sh!t show under Vasseur.
who know$

bgsmith

Reaction score
I could be way off but Hamilton seems like the type of person who likes a challenge, he has done pretty much all he can do at Mercedes so why not try and get that 8th title with Ferrari, I am sure the Ferrari golden boy LeClerc is “thrilled” about this.

Also I am sure they are throwing a boatload of money at him.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I could be way off but Hamilton seems like the type of person who likes a challenge, he has done pretty much all he can do at Mercedes so why not try and get that 8th title with Ferrari, I am sure the Ferrari golden boy LeClerc is “thrilled” about this.

Also I am sure they are throwing a boatload of money at him.
Only person at the Mercedes factory happy about this is George.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just read on The Athletic that it's confirmed.

Really didn't see this coming.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

bgsmith

Reaction score
Yup, it has officially been announced by all parties.

Bad day for LEGO announcing this today…..
IMG_3833.png

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would be very disappointed and confused if this was all about/significantly about the money. Lewis has more money than he can spend, and if Merc was given the opportunity to match the Ferrari offer I believe they would if they could.

At this point he should be all about getting that 8th back that Masi robbed him of, and becoming the most decorated driver in history. I have to trust that he feels Ferrari best gives him that chance…which is kind of like seeing a dumpster on fire float by you on a river and decide, my best option is to jump on that

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If he wins a ninth championship, that will be awesome. But this is lame.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeem1