• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fly fishing

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
:happy:, I don't either!

I did enjoy the Weiberg piece, and had a feeling that was his work on the cover of the paperback edition of 'The Longest Silence...

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... no one liked the Iceland article? Okay, try this.

I reached out to an artist in the Catskills whose work I've admired for sometime and he was kind enough to write an article on how he paints a Brook trout.

lefty

Enjoyed the Iceland. Been on the fence going their last few years. Of course want to now swing for Salmon, but browns are looking like the only affordable option.

JP

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, salmon fishing is stupid expensive, but sea run browns are fairly affordable. Pick a river where you have both options.

There are also a few airbnbs that come with fishing rights for salmon.

lefty

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My biggest trout yet in Colorado, on the Arkansas River. This was caught on an eight foot tenkara rod (TRC White Cloud). Today was especially memorable for getting caught out in a storm with pea-sized hail.

736F9A00-5CEE-4DF4-AD98-34E38FE7E01B.jpeg

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tweaked the Iceland article and it is in the latest Flyfish Journal. You guys are rich enough to afford it so go buy the issue.

3B58CD36-5D81-4CF2-8ACF-CCE63E4ADFAD.jpeg

lefty

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey, is this (FFJ) the other fancy alternative to The Drake? :wow: That's the big time!!

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I figure it this way:

The Flyfish Journal is Harper's Magazine.
The Drake is The New Yorker or maybe Mad Magazine.
Gray's Sporting Journal is The Atlantic.

I was pretty happy as it usually takes them six months to get back to a submission and the editor wrote me within two hours of my email to say, "How about the next issue?"

lefty

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice lefty! About 30 years ago we stayed at a weird little place just west of Dunsmuir called Pine-Gra-La in the Shasta-Trinity Forest - great memories fishing the Upper Sac, McCloud, Fall, & Hat Creek. I've been wondering what the last couple of fire seasons have wreaked on that area...

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I drove through a forest fire while fishing the Upper Sacramento one time. Freaked me the **** out to see the trees burning on each side of the road.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics