• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fitted jeans/pants for skinny guys???

Status
Not open for further replies.

morefun2compute

Reaction score
I'm a moderately skinny guy (usually wearing 30/32 pants), and I am at my wit's end trying to get jeans that fit the way I like. What I want is a pair that is very snug in the butt, crotch, and upper thigh, but has a fairly straight leg so that it's not hugging my calf (and isn't bootcut). Why should this be so hard to find?

Trust me, I've looked in the obvious places. Levi's 511's look baggy around my crotch and inner thigh. Levi's 510's are way too tapered and tight in the calf. Urban Outfitter's store brand jeans are gaping around the waist, as if even skinny guys are supposed to have a big gut, plus their 32 length is too short. I haven't really found anything at Urban that works for me. In general, the jeans that call themselves "skinny" seem too tight in the calf, while often being loose around the waist at the same time (and the latter problem generally worsens over time if they have stretch).

As far as my successes: Diesel did have a pair (just *one* style) last summer that were a stellar fit, but I couldn't swallow the $265 price tag. I got a $50 pair of stretch black jeans by Trash & Vaudeville that are quite good...only slightly more tapered than I'd like. I picked up a pair of stretchy goth-ish nylon/rayon pants by Lip Service that are an amazing fit, but they're too gimmicky to wear often. I also picked up a $80 pair by Truth Soul Armor that fit great (but they're green :/ ). I bought a $180 pair of women's jeans that were OK at first but stretched out so they're not so great now.

Where do I look next? Even living in a big city like Philly, I have exhausted the major stores and boutiques that seem likely to have what I want. Is there a particular brand I should check out (in men's or women's)? Should I think about going to a tailor? If so, does anyone have advice about that (e.g., what jeans I should take to the tailor and what I should tell them)?

CarbonatedTsoda

Reaction score
Wow. Not to be a jerk, but there is a search function. 70% of this board is based around finding slim fitting clothing for skinny guys, I'm sure there's an existing thread about this.

Also, APC New Cure/New Standard, Acne, etc etc.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CarbonatedTsoda
Wow. Not to be a jerk, but there is a search function. 70% of this board is based around finding slim fitting clothing for skinny guys, I'm sure there's an existing thread about this.

Also, APC New Cure/New Standard, Acne, etc etc.

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads