• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

first watch?

ziggyosk

Reaction score
does anyone know of a few good reputable websites where they sell used watches? I know there are tons of fake watches out there so I want to make sure what I'm buying is real. Can someone post a few links?

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although I haven't purchased from www.watchcat.com , I've heard good things about them. You can get put on a mailing list to know when they get new (used) watches in stock. They don't sell a ton, but I like what I've seen.

shoesies

Reaction score
What about this watch, Citizen Calibre 8700 BL8000-03A?

I saw it in person and absolutely loved the way it looked on my wrist! Plus its an eco-drive, sweet

shoesies

Reaction score
51s5gdCckPL._SS400_.jpg

shoesies

Reaction score
anyone have this watch, or know of its reliability/credability?

KBW

Reaction score
I have a very very similar citizen. Mine is blue with a metal band but I've had it for ~4 years and had zero problems. Doesn't get very much wrist time anymore now that I've acquired many more in the last 4 years but this is one of the watches that started my watch addiction.

KBW

Reaction score
Here's the pic and it seems to be the a variation of the exact watch. Forgive me for the mono on the cuff it is a very old shirt (one of the first I ever had made) and back then I thought it was "cool" I guess. Also the pic is in crappy light with my iPhone so it looks terrible and the watch isn't nearly as beaten up as it looks in the pic.

IMG_0011.jpg

shoesies

Reaction score
I bought this one today >

only problem is that I have no idea how to set it up! lol

Anyone help me?

BL9000-08A.jpg

shoesies

Reaction score
there are how-to videos on the citizen website that I am trying to follow, but my watch does not seem to perform all of the steps? is there something wrong with it?

I noticed the second hand is jumping 2 at a time, doesnt this mean the battery is low? would this attribute to why the settings are not working for me, or is it more likely that the watch is defective?

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoesies
there are how-to videos on the citizen website that I am trying to follow, but my watch does not seem to perform all of the steps? is there something wrong with it?

I noticed the second hand is jumping 2 at a time, doesnt this mean the battery is low? would this attribute to why the settings are not working for me, or is it more likely that the watch is defective?

Yes, when the second hand skips twice that is the low battery indicator. There are so many variations, make sure yours is the one with all the functions you're looking at. They can be tricky to set, so be patient.

shoesies

Reaction score
I tried the same watch with a metal band and it worked when I held the minute repeater button, however mine does not. For now, i will attribute it to a low charge, but it also seems that I cant set the smaller inside dials using the instructions online. I push the buttons but the needles do not move. The all reset/0 positioning works (which is the first step), and then it seems everything after doesn not

doctorj!

Reaction score
I find Movado to be very classy yet affordable. Overstock.com has some pretty good deals.

shoesies

Reaction score
I'm diggin this watch now that it's all set up! The clasp is quite nice, will prevent me from ruining the leather band too quickly.

Looking for my next purchase to go with different outfits, preferably a metal band or a cognac color leather strap.

bounce2.gif

TBSDSpaniard

Reaction score
shoesis - the watch you bought is a great one....it should get you on a similar road that brought you to this forum....having an appreciation for the fine clothing's craftsmanship and durability, you might leap into the world of horology. For your second watch I would wait...learn, and buy something that you will appreciate and will most likely survive you. To start you on your quest - either to learn, or to get that quick fix and buy your second watch I direct you to http://www.timezone.com/

best regards,

Max

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads