• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First suit. Please Judge

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Suit looks good, but IMO it's a waste- you should lose all the extra weight you're carrying, and once you do that it won't fit you.

+1.

You're only 18. If you put effort into it, by the time you turn 20 you will be in a great shape.

It took me about 1.5 years to go from 210 lbs at ~30% body fat to 155 lbs at 13-14% body fat...and I'm almost 10 years older than you are.

I'm certain if you lose the excess weight, you will feel a lot better about yourself. You will also have a better physique to work with and will definitely look better in clothes as the result.

Andy1912

Reaction score
do not listen to this, I think you look great here. t-shirts with suits are a not proper you can experiment with diffrent color shirts and ties I think you have a great style going and it is a very refreshing thing to see in someone so young.

I know a suit's jacket can not do a blazer job but he is just a college student. Unless suit's the dress code, he can wear t-shirt for a comfortable look. It may look refreshing in your eyes but might not in his 18yo friends.

Last edited:

Folkert

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's, never heard of dimpling a tie but will do so from now on. I know the weight's an issue but it has been for quite some years but I hope this year I'll be able to get fit. The suit is dark blue.

And this isn't something I wear everyday, I have to wear a suit about 3-4 times a month for school but I hate kids walking around in ill fitting suits because they think suits are "lame" so I try to put a little effort into it so I don't look like I was forced into a suit.

Suit is OTR by the way.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads