• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finding pants that fit

1sinister1

Reaction score
I did a little bit of research before posting but I could not find the exact answer I was looking for. Anyhow, I have always been a pretty athletic guy and when it comes to suits, pants, or blazer I always have a really tough time finding things that fit, paticularly pants. Im 6 2 and weigh about 245. My waiste is about a 35 but I have pretty big quads (about 28 inches at the middle of my thigh). Are the are designers/brands that may be better for me to try?

spoonman

Reaction score
Heh, I have the opposite problem, I'm short and skinny. I think the best way to buy pants, no matter your size, is to get the measurements for pants that fit. Lay the pants flat and get the waist across, thighs, and cuffs. Then, whatever you are considering buying, contact the seller and ask for measurements and compare them with your measurements. This is how I do my online shopping anyway.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1sinister1
I did a little bit of research before posting but I could not find the exact answer I was looking for. Anyhow, I have always been a pretty athletic guy and when it comes to suits, pants, or blazer I always have a really tough time finding things that fit, paticularly pants. Im 6 2 and weigh about 245. My waiste is about a 35 but I have pretty big quads (about 28 inches at the middle of my thigh). Are the are designers/brands that may be better for me to try?

when buying pants, forget the waist. buy for the fit in the seat. the waist can be altered to fit. for heavy thighs, pleated will give you more room.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a tailor
when buying pants, forget the waist. buy for the fit in the seat. the waist can be altered to fit. for heavy thighs, pleated will give you more room.

spoon man has the right idea for on line shopping.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You are not going to find pants with 30-32 inch thighs that you will be able to alter at the waist to fit you. You will need size 38-40 pants to fit your thighs and they will need to be taken in too much in other parts to fit you . Get some MTM pants. I've come across a bunch of guys with similar problems, and not to be a jerk but if you are into clothes and into lifting, you need to realize that after a certain point, you are not going to find clothes off the rack that is going to fit you. If you have a 44 inch chest and a 30 inch waist or a 35 inch waist and 28 inch thighs, manufacturers do not make clothes for your body type.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics