feragamo used white loafers (buying Decision)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sims50, Feb 7, 2016.

1. sims50

sims50 New Member

Just yesterday I visited a thrift shop in our place that sells used and new old stock branded leather wear (Gucci LV feragamo,parada etc. ) also there some men leather shoes that were used. I saw this one particular white feragamo buckle loafer (made in Italy) that I like, its condition good or very good that cost 62 usd (3000.00 php) that came from the US now im thinking of buying and have restore it in a well know shoe and bag restoration shop that are expert in restoring branded leather goods for since the 30’s in our country around 35- 40 usd (2000.00 php).

Anyway Do you think is it worth it to buy and restore this kind of loafers ?? , especially there feragamo

or buy a new white shoe worth Usd 70.00-100.00 that I still need to order in the US itself (like cole haan or GH BASS that are made in china hahha ).

There some picture below so that you can judge by link also some advice??.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rgould

rgould Well-Known Member

I am very much against the idea of wearing those shoes unless you are in Miami in the 80s. That said, if you are determined to have that look, that seems like a decent price based on how they look which is new. You are saying they need "restoration" which if that's a case I would not buy them.

3. sims50

sims50 New Member

Thanks for the heads up,, actually I'm collecting different types of men footwear (dress shoes or dress casual) that are brandnew when I buy and one of them ah a white shoe in my list, However in this Case I saw this feragamos driving loafers (used) that I had a 2ND tought of buying normally as we all know a brand new like this is $300-500