• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite Cigarettes

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys roll your own? If so, any recommendation of some good tobacco? I quit blazing awhile ago and have all these freaking zig zags not being used.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always ask my friends to do it for me. I can't roll for ****.
redface.gif
I personally like transparent papers.
smile.gif

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adidasfan
Davidoff Menthol Benson & Hedges Menthol Rasberry Mint Hookah!!! That is living!
Let me guess, you totally dig the taste of toothpaste?

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scalawag
They're filtered. They feel exactly like a store-bought cigarette in every way. Maybe a mm or so wider, but not a 'wide' at all either. Believe me, the very, very slight inconvenience of using the machine (which is actually kind of fun) is worth the savings... Is 5 minutes of your time worth another $8 or whatever it costs for a pack? Plus this way you can be really generous with bumming them to people, which is a great conversation starter since you can say you roll them yourself, and right off the bat you're a generous guy.

Sounds dorky but that happens to me constantly.

"Can I bum one?"

"You got it."

"Aw yeahhh, thanks man! What kind are these?"

etc

I get "Good Stuff" from here. Usually light or ultra light, as they can be a little strong. It says 'pipe tobacco' due to a legal clause where cigarette tobacco gets taxed insane rates as opposed to pipe tobacco. To keep the price down they have to legally refer to it as pipe tobacco.

The most recommended tube are Zens, but many others will work, some better than others. I've used Zig Zags with no problems.

I used to smoke Camel Lights if it's of any relevance. I usually smoke Good Stuff/Light or Ultra Light with a Zen light tube. I'm not into strong cigs like I used to be, but these are pretty close to Camel Lights.

Also I'm in no way affiliated with any of my recommendations. But as someone who had my doubts about making my own cigarettes, I try to make it known to others it's very, very worth it.

**** that is cheap for tobacco. I pay like $5 for 12.5g of golden virginia. What are those tubes? I just bought a pack of rolling papers and slim filters, never used tubes before.

Scalawag

Reaction score
Tubes are just rolling papers already sealed with filters built in.
smile.gif
Like a store-bought cig but completely empty.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know a few people who claim that smoking rolled cigs taste fresher or something. I honestly don't care too much for them as they require much effort on my part. I can never get the filters to stay still..

Sazerac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I know a few people who claim that smoking rolled cigs taste fresher or something. I honestly don't care too much for them as they require much effort on my part. I can never get the filters to stay still..

I think they often do taste fresher. And there's a ritual to rolling that is just as pleasurable as the smoking.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a friend that can roll one in the blink of an eye. Seriously. After clubbing one night, we sat down and I was fumbling with the tobacco and everything. She took it off my hands, I rubbed my eyes, and presto. She had rolled it, licked it, all that ****. Amazing.

Scalawag

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I have a friend that can roll one in the blink of an eye. Seriously. After clubbing one night, we sat down and I was fumbling with the tobacco and everything. She took it off my hands, I rubbed my eyes, and presto. She had rolled it, licked it, all that ****. Amazing.

Learn! I used to be very clumsy. Granted I don't roll cigarettes by hand anymore (see above), but for joints I most definitely do it by hand. First, say, 100 times I was terrible. But after you practice it becomes almost muscle memory and your hands will amaze you with their dexterity.

Seriously, learning to use your hands well is a true skill that more Men should understand. The increasing lack of craftsmen has lead to a decline in guys knowing how to do anything besides type.

Not trying to insult you or anything, but just because it can be frustrating doesn't mean you shouldn't try and learn.

esswhykay

Reaction score
Scalawag, do you know if manufacturers add chemical accelerant to loose tobacco? I smoke American Spirits and can't really stand the taste of other brands.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
dunhill infinite? Has anyone seen these in the U.S?

They don't sell them in the US. I think it's partly because they don't list the amount of tar, nicotine and CO2 in the cigarettes. You can still get them at duty frees around the world. US is messed up. I think it's better for smokers to know what they're smoking.

Before I switched to e-cigs, I loved Gauloises Blondes Lights. Bought a carton for 18 bucks at duty free. Robust, but not harsh on the throat. The perfect balance.

Anyway, I can't smoke anymore. It tastes awful after using e-cigs; seriously disgusting. I feel a lot better. Too bad it's e-cigs are all mail order though. I wish there were stores that sold the liquid.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
They don't sell them in the US. I think it's partly because they don't list the amount of tar, nicotine and CO2 in the cigarettes. You can still get them at duty frees around the world. US is messed up. I think it's better for smokers to know what they're smoking.

Before I switched to e-cigs, I loved Gauloises Blondes Lights. Bought a carton for 18 bucks at duty free. Robust, but not harsh on the throat. The perfect balance.

Anyway, I can't smoke anymore. It tastes awful after using e-cigs; seriously disgusting. I feel a lot better. Too bad it's e-cigs are all mail order though. I wish there were stores that sold the liquid.

The Dunhill Infinite is known to have (Tar 1 mg, Nicotine 0.1 mg). Those quantities are even lower than the cigs found in Asia.

nomad

Reaction score
I've been rolling my own, with Drum tobacco. Payed about seventeen dollars for fifty grams.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads