• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite U.S. resort towns

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I miss Bar Harbor. Haven't been downeast in years.
frown.gif

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider Charleston SC a resort town.

Anyway. . .

White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. Complete with Manton-level bunker.

gwar01_090202greenbrier.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
That is, indeed, the world's finest bunker.
inlove.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Just arrived in Skaneateles. Will let you all know how it is. Pace Conne, so far it does not seem run down at all.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Just arrived in Skaneateles. Will let you all know how it is. Pace Conne, so far it does not seem run down at all.

on you on vacation?
confused.gif

oroy38

Reaction score
I like to travel as much as the next guy, and heading to a nice relaxing place is a great idea, but to be honest, I've never really found any appeal in it. I'm only going to turn 19 this month, but I've traveled all over the place, been to resort towns, etc etc. And my first year of college was a doozy with the hectic performance schedules as a piano performance major, piano competitions, constantly practicing for 4-6 hours a day, learning music for my own repertoire as well as chamber music to accompany, etc etc, then add on all the regular courses and required music classes, and such.

My freshman year was busier than most others can say. With that, I came to appreciate what days I could get away from all of it. And with those days, I learned to appreciate just being at home and relaxing or in my dorm room reading a book, or even just vegging out on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I learned that I don't really need to be somewhere else to relax, and I appreciate the few living commodities that I already have, rather than trying to seek comfort outside of my own home (home being a relative term use to describe living quarters). Don't get me wrong, I love resort towns and I think they're really cool. They're just not for me.

I'm really a pretty simple guy. The only luxuries I indulge myself in are my clothes and my music. I don't have a car, or even a license, I don't have a fancy cell phone, I use a Toshiba laptop I got at walmart on sale for $250, and my bed linens were purchased at wal mart for $20. Then again, that comes with the territory of being a college student, but to be honest I don't see much wrong with it. Oh well, to each his own I guess!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got back from Hilton Head Island, SC...great beaches, golf, tennis, biking and running trails, restaurants, and close proximity to Savannah and Charleston.

Heading to Cape May, NJ in 2 weeks

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oroy38
I like to travel as much as the next guy, and heading to a nice relaxing place is a great idea, but to be honest, I've never really found any appeal in it. I'm only going to turn 19 this month, but I've traveled all over the place, been to resort towns, etc etc. And my first year of college was a doozy with the hectic performance schedules as a piano performance major, piano competitions, constantly practicing for 4-6 hours a day, learning music for my own repertoire as well as chamber music to accompany, etc etc, then add on all the regular courses and required music classes, and such. My freshman year was busier than most others can say. With that, I came to appreciate what days I could get away from all of it. And with those days, I learned to appreciate just being at home and relaxing or in my dorm room reading a book, or even just vegging out on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I learned that I don't really need to be somewhere else to relax, and I appreciate the few living commodities that I already have, rather than trying to seek comfort outside of my own home (home being a relative term use to describe living quarters). Don't get me wrong, I love resort towns and I think they're really cool. They're just not for me. I'm really a pretty simple guy. The only luxuries I indulge myself in are my clothes and my music. I don't have a car, or even a license, I don't have a fancy cell phone, I use a Toshiba laptop I got at walmart on sale for $250, and my bed linens were purchased at wal mart for $20. Then again, that comes with the territory of being a college student, but to be honest I don't see much wrong with it. Oh well, to each his own I guess!
Is it just me? Or are the spammers getting incredibly wordy and "” dare I say it "” creative?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Is it just me? Or are the spammers getting incredibly wordy and "” dare I say it "” creative?

You speak much wisdom.

oroy38

Reaction score
haha, I assure you my intent is not to spam. More often than not when I start a post I begin to ramble and my initial purpose is lost in the flurry of nonsense.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads