• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Part of Tropic Thunder

PARTY

Reaction score
Any interaction between Kirk Lazarus (Downey, Jr.) and Alpa Chino (Jackson).

Kirk - "Better pump your brakes, kid. That man is a national treasure."

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Don't go full marsupial."

or something like that.

Or Jack Blacks line....

"I'll cradle the balls, stroke the shaft, work the pipe, and swallow the gravy."

I think that's how it went. I was crying from laughing at that line.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny enough movie overall, but it peaks in the first 10 minutes.

PARTY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
"Don't go full marsupial." or something like that. Or Jack Blacks line.... "I'll cradle the balls, stroke the shaft, work the pipe, and swallow the gravy." I think that's how it went. I was crying from laughing at that line.
CO signed. I laughed just thinking about it. Though I must say, I disagree completely with you Brian278.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PARTY
CO signed. I laughed just thinking about it. Though I must say, I disagree completely with you Brian278.
I'm not knocking the rest of the movie, which was funny and mostly enjoyable throughout. It's just that the opening (fake) trailers (except the Jack Black one), and right up until they stop filming the opening scene, just killed it.

TUspiv

Reaction score
I thought the funniest parts by far were the trailers, particularly the Monastic version of Brokeback Mountain.
laugh.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I thought this movie was great, had me cracking up throughout

it def starts on a super high note with the trailers...and tho it dropped a tad afterwards i thought it was able to stay a steady level of funny throughout the whole film.

the "don't go full marsupial" bit was awesome!

Joshua Arson

Reaction score
Even though it was in the trailer, when Robert Downey Jr. said "I know who I am! I'm the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude!" I lost it. His delivery was great throughout the entire movie.

Shakermaker

Reaction score
I thought the trailers for "Scorched" and "Satan's Alley" were awesome. As for the movie I have to go with the "you went full marsupial" scene...brilliant.

PARTY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shakermaker
I thought the trailers for "Scorched" and "Satan's Alley" were awesome. As for the movie I have to go with the "you went full marsupial" scene...brilliant.
The trailers were good indeed.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked the "never go full marsupial" and the Scorched trailer.

I enjoyed the movie although I felt a little guilty the day after when I passed by the amc (?) movie threatre in Chicago and saw a group protesting against Tropic Thunder b/c of the usage of marsupial.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Big Ass *******!"

I like that guy. The one from Pineapple Express.

Tourangh

Reaction score
For me it was by far Jack Blacks lines when he was strapped to a tree and offering the gay guy services if he let him go.
I also enjoyed alot of Downey Jr's lines.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i loved when they made ben stiller play simple jack. couldnt stop laughing. all in all though i dont think it was THAT funny of a movie. it aint no zoolander, nacho libre, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads