• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

F*cking columbia house killed my credit rating heh

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My credit card with a high limit (for my age anyway) and everything else that was on the credit report was A1.

But then Columbia house made some stupid claim for **** they supposedly sent me AFTER i had told them to stop sending me DVDs TWICE. And of course this is AFTER my credit card got billed for 700 dollars in DVDs before i realized they were billing me every month for DVDs I wasn't getting.

When I called them up they said "find out where they are and get them, if you send them back we'll refund you.." Ya, it's that easy right? Especially when these marsupialS can't even change an address and I have no idea where the DVDs were sent. Not to mention student housing changes tenants every 4-8 months...

So the joke (on me) is that I've payed $700 for stuff I never received and they still ruined my credit rating.

There's nothing else at all on it and it's a whopping 46/100 =(

Even if I get ti taken off somehow I applied for my loan today so it's iffy at best cause in the end the bank sees it as a 22 yr old who already has creditors saying he's refused to pay.

pstoller

Reaction score
Have you talked to your credit card company? Usually, they're helpful with bogus charges. Let them take the heat off of you and put it back on Columbia House.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well when I called Visa originally, they were like "deal with columbia house we cant do anything"...

This has been going on for 2 yrs. They stopped sending me stuff I wasn't receiving back in like 2000 after I was like "look i've just written the $700 off as a loss, I don't really intend to ever see it again, but I've fulfilled my obligations with you and DON'T EVER want to see another DVD charge."

A year later, they're saying they sent me ANOTHER 2 DVDs (wtf they're sending them i still have no idea cause it aint to my house..) after they had supposedly cancelled my membership... Why they started sending them again is anyone's guess.

Last time I talked to them they were like "find them, send them back and we'll refund you." I was just like whatever and hung up cause there's not a chance in hell that I'd be able to locate them.. Visa wasn't too helpful either so far.

And the damage is done, I need a car in like 2 weeks for school, and I'm not sure if my loan will be approved or not cause of a $47 charge that I shouldn't owe in the first place... I'm gonna try and have my parents lawyer sort it out tomorrow but I don't know if they can fix the credit report that fast (assuming they're willing to). The people at the collection agency i've talked to have been easy to deal with, but ultimately I've gotta deal with Columbia House rejects.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics