• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eyeglasses......

greg

Reaction score
I have a round face and know that I should get a frame that is geometric (rectangular-ish) in shape. My question is, should the top half of the frame completely cover my brows? Or can my eyebrows be literally above the frame? I find that to achieve the former, the frames should be bigger...unfortunately, this style does is not flattering at all. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a glasses freak - love them. And I have a roundish face too. Yes, retangular frames will be best for your face, but you'll have to try on a lot of individual frames to find the best one (or ones) for you. Where are you located. Maybe I could recommend a good optometrist. In L.A., you should definitely check out L.A. Eyeworks on Melrose - great selection. Remember to choose color(s) complimentary to your eye and hair color and skin tones as well.

greg

Reaction score
Thank you LAGuy. I am in NYC....work midtown and live in Park Slope, Brooklyn.

I have premature gray hair which on most days I love so I know a black frame would suit me best.

What about my question about the amount of brow showing above the glasses? Doesn't matter you think?

Thanks.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about my question about the amount of brow showing above the glasses? Doesn't matter you think?

It really depends on the specific style. In general, I think that the frame probably shouldn't cover the whole brow - unless you are going for huge 80's style zyl frames.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The vast majority of glasses I see these days are sufficiently small that the entire eyebrow is above the frame.  Perhaps it is just a swing of the fashion pendulum in one direction that will swing the other way in a few years (kind of the opposite of the "big watch" trend).  Small glasses do have the added benefit of allowing a thinner lens -- a significant plus if your prescription is as strong as mine.

A dark blue frame is also quite nice -- I recently purchased a pair of Silhouettes in that color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads