• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Extreme delays for International packages?

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yesterday I got a nice set of cufflinks as a Christmas present from my Aunty in England. Posted at the post office in England on December 6th. Almost two months to get to Texas.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aravenel
One can hope, but I still haven't received my package from late December. Another couple of weeks, and I'm going to have to give it up for lost...

This is how I feel about it. Thing left Hong Kong two weeks ago (was shipped three weeks ago) and then total radio silence. Maybe the plane crashed in the Pacific or something. Really frustrating.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lost-lost-34319_1024_768.jpg

labravajazz

Reaction score
I had raised this problem before with no response as the US Govt has imposed without warning, the cost of new security measures for any parcels over 1 pound weight so the sender pays about $10 extra each package and the customer suffers long delays. Knee jerk reactions rule the day thanks to terrorism.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The delays seem to have abated - a fortnight ago I was getting messages from buyers questioning the status of parcels posted mid-December (one took five and a half weeks to get from England to France), whilst this week I've been getting messages confirming receipt of parcels posted last week.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
This, of course, assumes that the anticipated item will not be going out of style within the month.

both parcels sent to you took 5 - 6 weeks. one from munich using DHL(nov. 2010), the other from austria using national postal service(nov. 2010).

fortunately both pair of shoes are of timeless style.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
both parcels sent to you took 5 - 6 weeks. one from munich using DHL(nov. 2010), the other from austria using national postal service(nov. 2010).

fortunately both pair of shoes are of timeless style.

Indeed they are. In fact, I will wear for the second time the later arrival (the first arrival has been worn on multiple occasions) and will report to you later this weekend. May I post in the Paprika thread ... or should I write to you via PM?

Indeed they are timeless. I shall assume that both pairs will be with me for the rest of my life. And while I am old by SF standards ... I plan to be here another two to three decades at the very least.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS

you're welcome. let's switch it to pm. thank you

GBer

Reaction score
Or it could be that whatever items you were planning to receive were deemed "fakes" by Customs and they decided to confiscate and destroy them.

Sonny58

Reaction score
I am actually relieved to read this thread. A parcel from Drakes that was dispatched on January 25th has not yet arrived. They told me I should receive it within five to seven business days. Tracking it on Royal Mail says:

Originally Posted by Royal Mail
Your item, posted on 25/01/11 with reference ############# has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

USPS says:

Originally Posted by USPS
Label/Receipt Number: #### #### #### #
Service(s): Registered Mailâ„¢

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

So Royal Mail says USPS has it and USPS says Royal Mail has it (sort of).
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads