• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Experience being a bridesmen?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
OP- go for it, and ask the bride if you're also in charge of hiring the strippers for the party before the wedding.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
nvm

laugh.gif

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of shrivel-dicked pansy would tell a close friend he wouldn't be in her wedding party because some strangers might think he's gay?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
What kind of shrivel-dicked pansy would tell a close friend he wouldn't be in her wedding party because some strangers might think he's gay?

I have it on reliable account from conne that edmorel does indeed have a tiny shriveled pen0r.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
One's who's not a pussified vegan metrosexual poofter who wants to wear a pink suit to match the bridesmaid's dresses. I googled "bridesmen" and found this thread on another forum... http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/n...maid-bridesman
I need some advice on what to do about one of my best guy friends that's in our wedding. (He is gay, btw, not that it makes a difference, but I mention it point it out because he is really one of the girls so i think it's a little different than just having like my brother in our wedding party, who is obviously just part of the groosmen).
If that describes you, go for it. Otherwise tell her to make you a groomsmen like the men she respects.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm her friend, friends with her family, and I've only met the groom once, so having her put me in her side of the wedding party just makes more sense. I don't really care what other people think, I'd be doing this for her.

I really don't see people laughing at this and it's not something I'd feel remotely embarrassed about if they did, I really can't imagine having an ego that delicate.

And honestly, if I was going to get married, I wouldn't have a problem asking her to be a part of it in a similar capacity.

That said, the weddings (one in europe and some kind of celebration in the US) wont be for at least a year so I have plenty of time to figure out my role in it.

Thank you to everyone who gave some feedback on this.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My two groom's people were women. No big deal - they wore the same dresses as the bride's peeps.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just go there and do it man, and then ******** as many female guests as I could to prove to them that I am not gay...

... I cry myself to sleep every night.

Deluks917

Reaction score
Being asked to be in the wedding party is an honor and shows that she thinks you are a very good friend. I imagine it felt good to be asked to join. I think the bride was being rather nice and very progressive in asking the OP to be a bridesman. I'd feel good if a female friend of mine asked me.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
Anyone have any experience being a bridesmen? One of my good female friends just asked me to be in her wedding party and I don't really know anything about weddings. I think I've been to one wedding in the past 10 years as a guest, so I don't have any clue in terms of what happens behind the scenes. Any advice would be helpful, thanks.
From what I've gathered as a groomsman, bridesmaids do things like plan and attend the bridal shower and bachelorette party, go to a spa the day before, get hair and makeup done together on the morning of the wedding, get dressed together, help the bride get dressed, cry, hug, lots of feminine crap that groomsmen don't do. It'll be awkward then, if not for you, the other women. Not sure what the bride has in mind. Are you left out of these things and only standing on her side?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look, we (or at least I) am not suggesting you are gay like a homosexual that likes to either put it in the butt or take it ***********, nor will that be the result of you being in a bridal party that has historically and traditionally for chicks. Do it if you feel comfortable, but probably the better word is that it sounds LAME.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
From what I've gathered as a groomsman, bridesmaids do things like plan and attend the bridal shower and bachelorette party, go to a spa the day before, get hair and makeup done together on the morning of the wedding, get dressed together, help the bride get dressed, cry, hug, lots of feminine crap that groomsmen don't do.

It'll be awkward then, if not for you, the other women. Not sure what the bride has in mind. Are you left out of these things and only standing on her side?

My friends not really the biggest girlie type, so I'm not really sure all that feminine crap is going happen, or at least not be a big deal to her if it does. She'll probably be happy I'm there to make sure the bridesmaids don't push it all on her. Her sister is her maid of honor and we've hung out before so I don't really see it being an issue. Knowing my friend, I could imagine the bachelorette party being a lot of fun.

I'm sure there will be plenty to do while they are getting dressed, so I'll just find ways to help out where I can. If all else fails, I know her parents so I'll just entertain them so they are busy. A lot of the groom's people at the wedding in europe wont know english, so they'll definitely need someone to help with the brides guest who only speak enligh.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry, but after all the arguments its still weird. That is one of those things where in 2o years people wont remember who got married, but that there was a guy bridesmaid. On the brightside, you made become an internet meme or one of those motivational posters.

do what you want, just my $0.02. Why dont you ask if you can stand on the left with the other boys (Im SURE thats where her brothers would be standing, likewise, the grooms sisters would be with the bride) or offer to be an usher instead?

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
sorry, but after all the arguments its still weird. That is one of those things where in 2o years people wont remember who got married, but that there was a guy bridesmaid. On the brightside, you made become an internet meme or one of those motivational posters.

do what you want, just my $0.02. Why dont you ask if you can stand on the left with the other boys (Im SURE thats where her brothers would be standing, likewise, the grooms sisters would be with the bride) or offer to be an usher instead?

I don't think it's that weird, thanks for your input, but your time would probably be better spent on other threads.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics