• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Exotic Cars on the Street

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Yeah, the new black series is pretty crazy.

7778.jpg

The Black Series SL is freaking insane, I absolutely love the wide body looks. I was never a MB fan, but I'm really starting to like some of their more current designs.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Yeah, the new black series is pretty crazy.
7778.jpg

It's incredible. Though, I'd still go for the 'humdrum' DB9. I'm a retiring old soul.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
It's incredible. Though, I'd still go for the 'humdrum' DB9. I'm a retiring old soul.
It's almost strange to think an Aston would be considered 'humbrum when compared to a Mercedes, but you are correct.
smile.gif

jkw

Reaction score
Speaking of Nissan, I've seen a couple of GT-Rs recently. I know, not exactly "exotic", but not much is really... The performance on paper is most impressive

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw an old guy driving an Alpina B7 in Northern Indiana the other day. Wow.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
The car is not an official Rolls, it is bulit by DC Design, a coach builder in India. If I were Rolls I'd sue the company to cease and desist. More pictures of the same car:

rolls-royce-coupe.jpg

rolls_royce_coupe.jpg

dcdesign_rolls_small.jpg

rolls_royce_coupez.jpg

rolls_royce_coupe_front.jpg

I think it's a rebodied Nissan 350z. It has the same dual tale pipes and the back roofline. I don't think the 350z is a particularly good looking car, the RR grille is not helping things...

jkw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron
I think it's a rebodied Nissan 350z. It has the same dual tale pipes and the back roofline. I don't think the 350z is a particularly good looking car, the RR grille is not helping things...

Nope, its real, though why you'd make an authentic rolls look like that is another thing...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/500e

Wiki is your friend... and LK's.

Last weekend we talked about "the" 500E. A father's friend owns one. He wouldn't have bought the car, if there was an involvement by Porsche. Not because he dislikes Porsche, but he is an admirere of MB.

On german wiki, there's no mentioning about Porsche either.

Would be interesting to ask for an official statement.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
Last weekend we talked about "the" 500E. A father's friend owns one. He wouldn't have bought the car, if there was an involvement by Porsche. Not because he dislikes Porsche, but he is an admirere of MB. On german wiki, there's no mentioning about Porsche either. Would be interesting to ask for an official statement.
Perhaps we could ask for an official enquiry. The U.S. has a Mercedes Classic Center, but I'm sure Austria has its own resources, and given the proximity to Germany, the factory could probably help.

Scuderia-F1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
For some reason a lot of people around me have the 500E (I can think of 3 right now that drive one regularly). They say it is one of the best Mercedes made, and they refuse to switch to the newer models with inferior build quality.

Probably because it´s built by Porsche....
musicboohoo[1].gif

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the look of the Koenigsegg, have never seen one in person though, ultra rare here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads