• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ever Lose Something That You Really Liked?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
yeah, I still think about her sometimes....

Originally Posted by in stitches
frown.gif

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
+1

just kidding gents... I don't miss them. at all. my wife just thinks its weird I have pictures of her in our bedroom.

Originally Posted by tomgirl
My apartment is mysteriously missing both season 1 and 2 of my Arrested Development DVDs. The only recent guest my roommate and I have had over is her friend who has just started seeing this guy who loves AD. Also, and just for the sake of the story, her Iphone background is a picture of Buster.

Not wanting to outright accuse her of stealing, my roommate asked her if she "borrowed" the DVDs. She vehemently denies having them. I think she's lying, but there isn't much I can do. I miss my AD.
frown.gif

ugh. back in the days of compact discs, videotapes and laser discs I lost a number of 'em whenever people go to my place. I also lost my then-favorite manic street preachers cd when I had my car cd player serviced bec. it was stuck in the player and when I got it back they said they lost the cd... and offered a mariah carey cd as replacement.
ffffuuuu.gif

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any knife fans out there will probably want to punch me. I lost not one but two Benchmade 42 balisongs. They are no longer in production. Typing this nearly brings tears to my eyes.
bm42.jpg

qma

Reaction score
Some gyppo stole my Iphone 4 a couple of days ago. I miss it beyond what I could expect but realize it would be stupid to buy a new one now since nr 5 comes out this summer. The wait is killing me though.

When I was younger my mom gave away our black labrador. I consider that a lost item and will never forgive her for it.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Left my favorite nice gloves on the subway this morning
ffffuuuu.gif

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackfyre
Any knife fans out there will probably want to punch me. I lost not one but two Benchmade 42 balisongs. They are no longer in production. Typing this nearly brings tears to my eyes.

bm42.jpg

You're a douche. That said, my little brother lost my BM32 and my Pandayan was lost in a move.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I lost a nice pen. It wasn't one of my nicest, but it was a good pen that I enjoyed very much.

i had a nice cross pen, worst thing was it belonged to my brother he just let me borrow it

i had a brett the hitman hart wrestling figure when i was like 5, it was my favorite and one day it just disappeared

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
just kidding gents... I don't miss them. at all. my wife just thinks its weird I have pictures of her in our bedroom.

(...)

LOLOLOL.

True story: my grandmother-in-law never really liked her only son's wife, and when she passed one of the things that came out was a framed photograph of the girl she thought her son should have married.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I lost a T-shirt I really liked once.

When I was a kid I cut out all the bios of GI Joes from the packages and had them saved in a jar. Pretty sure my mom threw them out by mistake. There was about a year of pain there.

Logan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by qma
Some gyppo stole my Iphone 4 a couple of days ago. I miss it beyond what I could expect but realize it would be stupid to buy a new one now since nr 5 comes out this summer. The wait is killing me though.

When I was younger my mom gave away our black labrador. I consider that a lost item and will never forgive her for it.

Can't you use the 'find my iPhone' thing and go knock on some doors?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas

True story: my grandmother-in-law never really liked her only son's wife, and when she passed one of the things that came out was a framed photograph of the girl she thought her son should have married.

must be awkward during the wake
laugh.gif

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
You're a douche. That said, my little brother lost my BM32 and my Pandayan was lost in a move.

I know
frown.gif

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
sigh. i received a lovely johnston's cashmere scarf as a gift that i used so much and took good care of but once i took it off somewhere and must've left it behind. that sucked...

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
frown.gif
my original toj varsity. they dont make them with high armholes like they use to.
frown.gif
i miss it so much

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads