• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ever Lose Something That You Really Liked?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
My apartment is mysteriously missing both season 1 and 2 of my Arrested Development DVDs. The only recent guest my roommate and I have had over is her friend who has just started seeing this guy who loves AD. Also, and just for the sake of the story, her Iphone background is a picture of Buster. Not wanting to outright accuse her of stealing, my roommate asked her if she "borrowed" the DVDs. She vehemently denies having them. I think she's lying, but there isn't much I can do. I miss my AD.
frown.gif

It's on Hulu if that's any consolation. Getting something ripped off adds indignation to the mix which hurts even more. http://www.hulu.com/arrested-development

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
How come nobody has mentioned their v-card yet?

Because they all still have them.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Because they all still have them.
I just never really liked mine.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never loose any of my stuff. I guess I've been lucky or I simply forget I had it?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Forgot my suitcase while going through security in Zurich airport en route to Berlin. Took about 45 minutes for me to remember about.

Forgot my passport and doppkit at the hotel in Berlin and didn't realize it until I got I got to the airport. Had to cab it back.

Forgot my pants at my friends apartment in Zurich. Back in U.S. now.

facepalm.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
that reminds me i almost lost my solid gold wedding band in the laundry last year:

i took it off and put it in my sweats pocket while at the gym.

then i washed the laundry in the morning following day forgetting i had the ring in the pocket.

later that evening i realized that i still left my ring in my pocket in the washes.

ran home to the laundry room that evening to see if filled with people doing there laundry.

knowing for sure that the ring was gone (it wasnt in my laundry or the pocket).

found the ring on top of the lint guard in the dryer. it was just sitting there really conspicuous. anyone could have seen it and taken it.

i was lucky.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
I just never really liked mine.

You still have yours?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Was it worth cashing in?

No major complaints.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've lost some expensive things, but allow me to get nostalgic and recall the loss of something that had sentimental value:

I had a lot of action figures when I was a child. As anyone who had the average action figure knows, they usually included easily lost accessories. It wasn't uncommon for me to lose some of these accessories, but there was only one that ever really bummed me out.

header.jpg

Besides the Joker being my favorite villain of anything, this particular figure was particularly bad ass. In addition to the vibrant suit and face-color changing feature (activated by cold water), the figure included the long pistol visible in the above picture. I don't remember why, but I loved that pistol. Loved it. So naturally, disaster struck.

I lost the pistol while helping my dad clean his car. I'm assuming it fell in between the seats, but regardless, we never found it (mostly because my dad didn't see the point in spending more than two minutes searching for it). I was crushed.

A couple of months later, my mom surprised me by buying the figure again just so I could have my beloved pistol accessory. All was fine again until I lost that pistol, too. It was a tough way to learn that temporarily hiding something tiny in a plush carpet is a risky move.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I've lost some expensive things, but allow me to get nostalgic and recall the loss of something that had sentimental value:

I had a lot of action figures when I was a child. As anyone who had the average action figure knows, they usually included easily lost accessories. It wasn't uncommon for me to lose some of these accessories, but there was only one that ever really bummed me out.

header.jpg

Besides the Joker being my favorite villain of anything, this particular figure was particularly bad ass. In addition to the vibrant suit and face-color changing feature (activated by cold water), the figure included the long pistol visible in the above picture. I don't remember why, but I loved that pistol. Loved it. So naturally, disaster struck.

I lost the pistol while helping my dad clean his car. I'm assuming it fell in between the seats, but regardless, we never found it (mostly because my dad didn't see the point in spending more than two minutes searching for it). I was crushed.

A couple of months later, my mom surprised me by buying the figure again just so I could have my beloved pistol accessory. All was fine again until I lost that pistol, too. It was a tough way to learn that temporarily hiding something tiny in a plush carpet is a risky move.

that thing looks if mint condition would be worth some money today

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
that thing looks if mint condition would be worth some money today
tumblr_lhybhirUyb1qdhs4t.gif

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a pink stuffed walrus as a kid. It was called Walrus. I loved Walrus. Walrus was not my first cuddly animal (I understand they are called stuffed toys in the US) but it was the first I had picked out for myself, and was my favourite. Over time the Pink had faded, and Walrus had to brave the washing machine on more than a couple of occasions but the wear was just a mark of my affection. I left him in a hotel during a road trip with my family around Colorado.

I had been marvelling at the wonders of American Cable TV (we only had 4 channels on my TV at home) instead of packing my stuff up. When it was time to go I threw all my things together in a rush to avoid my parents wrath, I was supposed to have packed some time earlier. I didn't check the room properly before going and must have left Walrus in the bed somewhere. I didn't notice till it was much too late to do anything about it.

Over the years there were others, a golden monkey, a penguin, a rabbit, but none of them could quite live up to Walrus. Even now on cold, lonely, nights clutching a pillow I occasionally think of Walrus and wonder how life might have turned out had I taken the time to pack properly instead of indulging in the cheap thrills of morning cartoons, and had not left Walrus abandoned in some hotel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads