• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Entourage

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Assuming you have to watch one or the other, I'll take Entourage every time. I didn't think it came down to that. I still watch it, I just think it's getting steadily worse. It's phony and a little boring and it feels like everyone is mailing it in, from the writers to the actors to the celebrity cameos.
I sort of agree. The first season was a world of difference from the premiere of season 5. This use to be one of my favorite shows, but it's getting a little tacky. Nobody cares about Bow Wow, or seeing him for a third of the episode. It was just really over-done. OMG they're riding jet skis, OMG they're ********** with those girls, there's bow wow!!!!1111 Big disappointment compared to previous episodes.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redgrail
It seemed to lack some of the sarcastic humor from earlier seasons. Ari was not nearly as snarky and hilarious.

Agree. I thought it came across a predictable. It's the querky people and surprises that make it fun. They can still get that back if they shake things up a bit.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was too busy watching "Hole in the wall"

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
it feels like everyone is mailing it in, from the writers to the actors to the celebrity cameos.

That's because they are...
frown.gif

skidsm

Reaction score
funny moments, but the real problem is that the story is just plain boring. when they were new to hollywood, it was somewhat interesting to see how they reacted to their new celebrity life. now it's just:

"read this script"
"it's great, it'll put you back on top"
"it sucks i don't want to do it i want to buy something"
"you have to do it"
"why isn't he doing it i'll cut your balls off"
"please do it"
"ok i'll do it for you you"
"yay"
"ok let's go buy stuff and **** girls"

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skidsm
funny moments, but the real problem is that the story is just plain boring. when they were new to hollywood, it was somewhat interesting to see how they reacted to their new celebrity life. now it's just:

"read this script"
"it's great, it'll put you back on top"
"it sucks i don't want to do it i want to buy something"
"you have to do it"
"why isn't he doing it i'll cut your balls off"
"please do it"
"ok i'll do it for you you"
"yay"
"ok let's go buy stuff and **** girls"

Sounds like the makings of a sick episode

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
This episode was MUCH better.

Really? I thought it was pretty uneventful too
frown.gif

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just started watching season 4 and I'm already starting to get put off by the show. It's most annoying how the characters never have any problems. Everything just magically works out for them. So boring but I'll keep watching it because Ari is always entertaining.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Really? I thought it was pretty uneventful too
frown.gif

gdl, you said it earlier, but Ari and Lloyd are the only redeeming parts of the show... really they should dump every other character and turn it into the Ari show and just have him interacting w/ other clients, his wifey, etc. The Drama stroyline is so bad its a joke.

And then watching Mad Men right after it on DVR as a comparison... its really pathetic.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Gotta be honest, I was a hater during S2 and S3, but I'm turning on to this one. I'm appreciating the fact that some of the conventions of the series (the accepted, yet unproven idea that Vince is a good actor, for one) are starting to get reversed, and the characters are going to have to work a bit because of their own mistakes. I'm sick of everyone else except the main characters being blamed for everything, so to me, this is nice.

Also, the music is better than usual. An old Liars track on the first episode, and one of Phoenix's best songs fit pretty well at the end of this one, working particularly well in that moment because of the band's French origin.

This episode was much much better than the first one.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought It was pretty cool Vince was sporting Dior Homme Sneakers in last nights episode.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Everything just magically works out for them.

The show is about a movie star, not a steel worker. Were you dropped on your head as a child?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
The show is about a movie star, not a steel worker. Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Oh you're right. I'm sorry, movie stars never have any problems. In any case... it's boring to watch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads