• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with Bodega or French Garment Cleaners? According to Nepenthes they both ordered a piece that I want so I emailed them both a couple of days ago but haven't heard anything. Just wondering if they are always this slow to respond to queries?

Anyone know who has the light grey windowpane LDT vest in medium?

The Bureau and Kafka have this piece in the size you're looking for.

36miles

Reaction score
Thanks canstyleace...
Was thinking of trying to lowball ebay for last fw aviator & truman but prob too risky...

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone dealt with Bodega or French Garment Cleaners? According to Nepenthes they both ordered a piece that I want so I emailed them both a couple of days ago but haven't heard anything. Just wondering if they are always this slow to respond to queries?

I'd ring up FGC, its a small store that does most of their stuff in person, might no be best via email.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bodega has a webshop,
http://shop.bdgastore.com/collections/engineered-garments

Thanks canstyleace...
Was thinking of trying to lowball ebay for last fw aviator & truman but prob too risky...

The silhouette is very similar, if not a more pronounced triangle shape or simply narrower shoulders, but I found the garments mainly had a smaller width/length ratio, for example once I found the fwk size that fit similar/equivalent to my normal eg size in the chest, I realized the body length and sleeve were much shorter than they would be on my normal eg size, therefore have to size up and then it starts getting a bit roomy in the chest and still just barely there on the sleeves, make sense?
So I guess if you're under 5'6" and have short arms it might be worth a shot, otherwise I'd want to try it on first or make sure theres a decent return policy.

Last edited:

xander_horst

Reaction score
The Bureau has a sale around Christmas - at least they did last year. I think Kafka stuff goes on sale later than that (perhaps Jan or Feb) but I'm not sure about that. You may want to keep an eye on the item in question, EG can sell out of a popular item completely before it ever goes on sale these days.

buzzlulu

Reaction score
Changed my mind and grabbed the LDT vest in Navy Windowpane instead of Grey or Charcoal. It just might me more versatile in that color.
Thanks to the posters who replied previously

halberdklown

Reaction score
I managed to find the Matt pant I was looking for, but I'm feeling a little less confident with sizing given how slim it looks on some of the models. Would anyone know where I can find some reliable thigh and waist measurements for a size 32 and 34 Matt pant? it seems to jump quite a bit in all the Japanese sites I've checked. Or anyone here with these sizes care to chime in?

Also, were there 2 types of Olive in the heavy twill, or is it just the different pictures that make some look olive brown and some look olive green?

Last edited:

El QUaG

Reaction score

I managed to find the Matt pant I was looking for, but I'm feeling a little less confident with sizing given how slim it looks on some of the models. Would anyone know where I can find some reliable thigh and waist measurements for a size 32 and 34 Matt pant? it seems to jump quite a bit in all the Japanese sites I've checked. Or anyone here with these sizes care to chime in?

Also, were there 2 types of Olive in the heavy twill, or is it just the different pictures that make some look olive brown and some look olive green?

Cannot help with sizing, but there are two distinct Olive fabrics/colours:

1. Olive Reversed Sateen. Used also on Cinch pants and Fatigues this season. Greener in colour.

2. Olive Coated Heavy Twill. More brown in colour.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Second pair of fatigues above look very similar to orSLOW pair I have bought this season ...

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anyone comment on the fit of the usn pants? (specifically the fw12 ones, but i didn't want to drag up the old thread)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads