1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, May 17, 2013.

1. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Chippewa do some that are very similar

[​IMG]

edit: the actual russel x nepenthes below look a lot nicer though

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  2. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

Can anyone comment on how the work jacket fits?

3. kape

kape Well-Known Member

Nepenthes x Russell "Knock a bout" boot.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. superego

superego Senior member

nope, I'm with you...the red is nicer than the indigo in the salmon print.

would say the same about the lafayette jacket--navy/black ends up looking dingy in a way the red/navy and grey/navy don't

5. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Senior member

Coverall , you mean ?
    If yes sized down this season to xl no problem.
    Or if you mean wool herringbone version , xxl was fine but sleeves bit long.

6. kape

kape Well-Known Member

There is a Coverall and Work Jacket. Unfortunately, I cant comment on the fit of either.

7. Richard23

Richard23 Member

I too have a questions regarding fit of Engineered Garments jackets/coats.

I'm new to the outerwear but have purchased a number of tops. Unfortunately, my build does not work with the sizing of the shirts (the are all really long in the arms on me) but I really admire a number of outerwear pieces.

So, my questions...

It would appear that jackets like the "Work Jacket", "Workaday Utility", and "Coverall" coat have the "bell" shaped design I've heard so much about but not actually experienced by trying on. Can someone tell me if I'm remotely close to guessing the cut of these jackets?

I typically take coats/jackets with at least 24 inches pit to pit. What size should I be after?

For reference I LOVE the fit of Post O'alls and take these in size XL.

Many thanks and sorry for the lengthy post. I live in San Diego and do not have a stockist that I can just pop in and try stuff on and am not currently in a financial position to just order pieces to try on.

8. RuffyD

RuffyD Senior member

9. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

10. RuffyD

RuffyD Senior member

Fits big, measurements on the Bureau are accurate.

11. Shingles

Shingles Senior member

Yup. And much shorter than the rest of the shirts. Still having a bit of a hassle getting used to the short length myself.

12. RuffyD

RuffyD Senior member

I don't have any other EG shirts so can't compare, but the length feels alright to me, although I've only been wearing it as a shirt jacket.
    For the record, I'm 6"4 and 200 pounds, got the L

13. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

The classic shirt is a camp shirt with long sleeves.. I have one from 09 I think in a gray flannel plaid. Super comfy but def. short and boxy. One is enough for me.

14. RuffyD

RuffyD Senior member

Btw, EG is 50% on Inventory, plus they have free shipping again
    Just picked up the workaday utility jacket

15. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

How are you getting free shipping to go through?

16. Shingles

Shingles Senior member

Yes. I have a plaid as well, black, green, red tartan like from this season. I like wearing it unbuttoned above a printed white t-shirt. But would most like to wear it as an over shirt, but don't really know how to do that since it's plaid. I think it works better the other way around, with for example a plain grey classic shirt above a patterned shirt (as you would wear a CPO). Someone mentioned wearing it above a chambray work shirt, haven't tried that out but suspecting it might be a little odd. Any ideas? How do you wear yours?

17. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

^^^since mine is a cotton flannel I wear it over gray black or white tShirts. I looked at the red wool classic shirt the other day at bellerose here in Paris--IMO that cut works best as a regular shirt rather than an over shirt, mostly because the camp collar needs to lie flat

I do have a CPO in the gray herringbone wool that I wear over lonsleeve Ts or over OCBDs as a sports coats substutute.

18. dogmoney

dogmoney Well-Known Member

Although not truly pertaining to FW13, this discussion has prompted me to sell a pair of hardly worn EG x McNairy Longwings in brown. I bought them in a US12 wishfully thinking that they would fit, but after 3 years of shoe care and <10 wears, I have decided to part with them as unfortunately, my wishful thinking hasn't made my feet any smaller.

I've put them up on the marketplace here http://www.styleforum.net/t/376353/...-mark-mcnairy-longwing-brogue-brown-size-12us and will put them on ebay in the coming days.

It would be nice for these puppies to go to a new home where they will be loved and worn, rather than just loved and admired.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  19. RuffyD

RuffyD Senior member

Normal checkout procedures, it just lists free shipping as the only shipping option

20. dogmoney

dogmoney Well-Known Member

I don't seem to be able to get free shipping either :(