1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Durable modern luxury leather Chelsea?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dmptx, Sep 19, 2013.

1. dmptx

dmptx Member

Hi,

I bought a pair of JM Weston a few years ago and a pair of Gucci's last year. I have a feeling that because they were calfskin, they tended to get nicked or cut easily when traveling. On the other hand I do have 5 year old Prada's I've worn all over the world almost everyday. They still look great shined and don't have any nicks. I need a new pair of Chelsea dress boots. What do you all recommend? I want something that will last and still look good as my Pradas. Fluevog and Prada comes to mind again. What do you all think?

-D

2. AAJJLLPP

AAJJLLPP Senior member

RM Williams craftsman comes to my mind, I dont think you can really beat them in terms of a chelsea boot.

3. appoooh

appoooh Senior member

How about these Carmina chelsea's? I've handled them at Epaulet's Brooklyn store and they're much sleeker than the RM Williams craftsman; finer grained leather too.

4. AAJJLLPP

AAJJLLPP Senior member

I disagree on sleekness, the sole on the carmina is chunkier, I think these look very sleek (photo borrowed from rm williams thread). [​IMG]
    That in addition to the RM Williams being much cheaper. What alsomakes them unique and special is that they are a wholecut and you can get them with a brass screwed sole which is rare and makes very little lip from the sole sticking out compared to being goodyear welted all around.

5. dmptx

dmptx Member

How about something with a more square toe? The round toes make it look a bit more like roper cowboy boots....the problem I've always had with RMW. My JM Westins have the round toe....looks amazing!