• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drunken Culinary Masterpieces and Disasters- Share Your Recipes!

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have made some of the most delicious meals while drunk as well as some of the most foul-tasting dishes ever. Frankly, I am surprised that I still have all 10 fingers.

Thus this thread is dedicated to all that crazy **** we've made when wasted.

I'll start (from recent memory):

Good- Omelet with black fungus mushrooms (leftovers from making eggrolls), red chili paste, corn, (I think with chopped up asparagus), and whole cloves of garlic. I then smashed a bag of Ramen noodles and sprinkled it on top. For the finishing touch, I added ketchup.

Bad- Peanut butter and tuna sandwich. 'Nuff said.

m_wave

Reaction score
I made some very very average blueberry pancakes when hung over/still drunk last Sunday.. truly terrible, though it may have been because I decided that using a crepe mixture would work with thick pancakes... blerk!

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mostly barly edible pastas as I didnt have all the ingredients..

one unique low point:

making scrambled eggs with hot sauce but not realizing that if you have to use a knife to "help" the egg out of its shell they're rotten, still prepared them.... ring of fire FTW!!!

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
In college I was the Kitchen Manager for our eating facility, so I had the keys to a full professional kitchen just a few dozen steps from our taproom. Two devices would always get use during my drunken forays into the kitchen: the meat slicer and the deep fryer. It is a miracle of nearly water-to-wine proportions that I never hurt myself, or others, in these endeavors. We'd usually make normal stuff - sandwiches, or deep fried treats like pierogis or jalapeno poppers, depending on what we could find in the back of the freezer that hopefully nobody would notice had gone missing. But just because we could, we'd often deep fry the freshly-cut meat, just to demonstrate our mastery of these two tools of the trade.

The worst I ever did though is pretty mundane - I once tried making a "tuna melt" of sorts from a can of tuna, mayonnaise, a dollop of relish, and a slice of cheddar. I put them all in a bowl and nuked them... not realizing the bowl was rimmed in metal. So I got a light show to go with the collossal stink that filled the apt. for a day or so.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually keep it simple and thus have avoided disaster. My staples are sandwiches. Sometimes, I make scrambled eggs. On one occasion, my friends and I decided the eggs would be good with onions. . . after we had finished cooking. So we just mixed a lot of raw red onion into the eggs. That was pretty rough. Sometimes, bright ideas happen. . .like pasta and sriracha (not actually that bright of an idea).

Fortunately, I don't keep frozen pizzas around. I know several people that have ended up with a kitchen full of smoke because they tried to cook a frozen pizza and forgot/fell asleep/or just didn't know how long to let it cook.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse
I usually keep it simple and thus have avoided disaster. My staples are sandwiches. Sometimes, I make scrambled eggs. On one occasion, my friends and I decided the eggs would be good with onions. . . after we had finished cooking. So we just mixed a lot of raw red onion into the eggs. That was pretty rough. Sometimes, bright ideas happen. . .like pasta and sriracha (not actually that bright of an idea).

Fortunately, I don't keep frozen pizzas around. I know several people that have ended up with a kitchen full of smoke because they tried to cook a frozen pizza and forgot/fell asleep/or just didn't know how long to let it cook.

this reminded me... Blackened fries as I left the frying pan on whilst falling asleep.. Boiling some eggs and falling asleep, and I once found the paper wrapping of a midnight snack with some bite sized chunks missing, and felt strangely fulfilled in the morning
lol8[1].gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I haven't done this since I was young an poor, but this was my favorite drunken stomach filler before crashing totally wasted:

2 packs ramen/simen noodles
8 oz ground beef
bread crumbs
3-5 gloves garlic
rooster sauce to taste
1-2 eggs
shoyu to taste

Mix everything but the noodles in a bowl. Be generous with the bread crumbs.

Place contents in bowl in hot fry pan, in one big, thin patty. The goal is to get a crust. Do both sides.

Meanwhile, boil your noodles and drain. Don't use flavoring package.

Mix noodles with thin, patty, now crusted on both sides.

As you can see, all ingredients are very cheap, total prep and cook time is about 10 minutes. Perfect poor drunken gut filler.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
potato chips with cheese and gravy... sometimes you have to make do with what youve got.

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse

Originally Posted by nootje
this reminded me... Blackened fries as I left the frying pan on whilst falling asleep.. Boiling some eggs and falling asleep, and I once found the paper wrapping of a midnight snack with some bite sized chunks missing, and felt strangely fulfilled in the morning
lol8[1].gif

This happened with buffalo wings for me, but what made it worse was that I was at home on break from college and my mom called the fire department. I was in the basement passed out while they cooked upstairs.

Oops.

The best stuff I make when tanked usually involves melted cheese and some kind of meat and occasionally an egg.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drinking helped me invent my Tortilla theory. This postulates that all food is better when encased in a tortilla.

Tested thus far:

We did frito pie and were convinced we invented something awesome till we sobered up and realized sonic and at least 2 other places had already done it.

at least half a dozen variations on eggs and various breakfast meats (nothing new till you start doing fried eggs which are awesome)

chili dogs

leftover pot roast

White Chicken Chili

PB&J

Macaroni and Cheese

All fantastic.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My roommate will come home hammered and make schnitzel at 4am. I ate it with him once after we had been out together, and I was surprised at the result. The best part is when he makes a horrid mess of the kitchen and leaves a sticky note that says, "Clean me!" on the stove. As for me, it's always something involving hot sauce and cheese.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NakedYoga
My roommate will come home hammered and make schnitzel at 4am. I ate it with him once after we had been out together, and I was surprised at the result. The best part is when he makes a horrid mess of the kitchen and leaves a sticky note that says, "Clean me!" on the stove. As for me, it's always something involving hot sauce and cheese.

owh hot sauce.... You allways taste so good at night, but why must you be such a terrible mistress the day after??

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mazda
Drinking helped me invent my Tortilla theory. This postulates that all food is better when encased in a tortilla.

This seems like a pretty well thought out hypothesis to me. I'll admit to running my own experiments, from time to time, on it.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
This seems like a pretty well thought out hypothesis to me. I'll admit to running my own experiments, from time to time, on it.

This of course assumes use of a quality tortilla. If you live east of the mississippi, tread lightly as I am not responsible for the abortions of flour that are most store bought tortillas. New Englanders should not try this at all since all "hispanic" food packaged and sold to you are variations on cardboard and materials rejected by the kotex factory.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads