• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dockers Slim Fit City Chino

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ordered some of the Dockers Slim Fit City Chino that was featured in GQ. I was pretty impressed by the quality and the cut. I am a 31x33 so I usually order a 30x32 and let it out or a 32x34 and take it in. These actually have no room to take out in the waist. The ones in the pic are 30x32 since they are out of the 32x34 on the site and in the SF store.

The only sizes I have to choose from are 32x32 and 34x34. I am not sure which to get. They are pretty low rise. I'm thinking i''ll get a 32x32 and see if the tailor can work some magic in letting them down an inch and creating a faux 1.5" visible hem.

http://www.dockersstore.com/product/...entPage=family

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Those are way too short and way too tight for you.
Yes I know, did you read my post? I am returning them. Perhaps I could re label them as Thom Browne.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Point being that you probably need a 32x34, and a 32x32 would still be too short, despite less hiking up your ass. Either wait or get a 34x34 tailored.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you think the 34x34 would be better then? I just worry about a 34x34 having a wider leg. This is why I was considering having a 32x32 let down.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I'd just wait for the 32x34 to get back in stock.

Who knows how long that will be though I guess I can put my name on a backorder request.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by overdog
Those look deceivingly slim from the front and back views because of the crease down the leg. I worry that once you wash them and the crease disappears, they won't seem as slim anymore.

Yeah, maybe, but still, for a mall brand they are pretty damn slim compared to those at GAP, BR, etc. The fabric is pretty thick and durable too.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they need another .75 in to an inch. He's showing off his red socks with them as is.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock
I disagree. Once worn for a while, too, they would fit just fine. Any bigger and you might as well sag them past your ass and ride a lowrider bicycle.
Then you need to take some time off and figure out how to wear pants.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
I think they're just pretty ugly, regardless if they're the right size or not. The seat is cut too slim and the leg is too wide and they drape awfully. Yeah, yeah, blah, blah, that's how chinos are supposed to fit... well, that's why chinos suck.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
Yeah, yeah, blah, blah, that's how chinos are supposed to fit... well, that's why chinos suck.

Not really. These Dockers do suck though, the creases definitely create the illusion of slimness. Try get the next size up, get rid of the crease then show us some pictures...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads