• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you ever experience hostility because you are well dressed?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because you can look great in streetwear and denim and still get hated on, you don't need to be wearing a suit...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
wearing a suit isnt a big deal, people just think you're coming back/going to a mid level corporate job

apparently there's no reason to be dressed in nice SW&D, other than being a pure ******

Patrician

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Because you can look great in streetwear and denim and still get hated on, you don't need to be wearing a suit...
No you cant?
confused.gif

Patrician

Reaction score
Maybe YOU can't, but lots of us here certainly can...
Would you like to show me a photo of you wearing streetwear and at the same time being well dressed?

Opermann

Reaction score
Don't worry about what other people think--gay bashers are usually gay themselves but social expectations won't allow them to come out of the closet, so they're miserable. Ironically enough, you will find them grabbing other guys asses and joking about ******** nonstop, especially when drinking.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patrician
Would you like to show me a photo of you wearing streetwear and at the same time being well dressed?

check waywt. idioooooooooootttttt.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patrician
Patrician is showing hostility! This is what this thread is all about

This is not myself, as I am at work and don't have my picture URLs memorized

but here is an excellent example from member Baron
img1113gi5.jpg

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife left her purse at a local business and I had to run in a day later to see if they found it. I was wearing a dark Isaia suit, Alden shoes and Persol shades. I wanted to make sure I didn't get jerked around by the staff so I went in all business (polite but real serious-like) and I guess I gave off kind of a mafia vibe or something, cuz after they found it and returned it one of the guys told me I looked like I was ready to kill someone. I think it was the italian suit talking, so in this case it was "projecting hostility because I was well dressed".
fight[1].gif

Patrician

Reaction score
Patrician is showing hostility! This is what this thread is all about.
Absolutely not. I was merely posing the question whether it was possible to dress well in streetwear. Thanks to you I now know that it is. Not that I would dress like that but hey, thats just me.

RatherAnOddball

Reaction score
In response to the OP's Question:

Yes; every single time that I've encountered a mop-topped white frat boy, ever.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to see WAYWT pics from each of the people that say they have experienced hostility because of the way they dress.

Trackstarr

Reaction score
HELL YEA but then again haters make you stronger

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
I would like to see WAYWT pics from each of the people that say they have experienced hostility because of the way they dress.

Yea, i don't know what people are doing to get so much hate. I rarely, if ever have someone say something hateful towards me about clothes. It usually ranges from "i like that ____" to "that ___ is kinda weird" but that's about it.

If it was more practical i'd sell half my clothes and buy a ton of henrik vibskov from this past spring and this fall. Even then, i doubt i'd get actual hostility.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. But then again, I'm a large and rather intimidating looking guy (from what I've been told), so perhaps they just kept the hostility to themselves.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads