• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do these look alright?

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
My latest frankenstein is this pair that I made a touch slimmer. Look good, bad?

jeansfront1.JPG
jeansback.JPG

The side affect of which is some giant selvage.

selvage.JPG

On top: your everyday, run-of-the-mill selvage.
On bottom: the new, improved, futuristic, uberselvage.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Looks great.

My RRDS have an uberselvage at the bottom, too, from straightening the bootcut. I'm pretty sure wormholes form between two uberselvage outseams, so if you ever need to hustle out to the East Coast real quick, let me know and I'll find a secluded spot to stash my jeans so no one will see you mystically appear.

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
They look good. I like the fraken selvedge, it wouldnt surprise me if in order to milk the selvedge fad a bit more some denim brand did this.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like 'em a lot. What were they to begin with?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rome
They look good. I like the fraken selvedge, it wouldnt surprise me if in order to milk the selvedge fad a bit more some denim brand did this.
You know what's next, right? Selvage denim lining, bitches. I'm starting my own label.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I dig the fat selvage. that feature is one of my fave things about Julian Red cali

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Hey, is Ken wearing... expensive Japanese repros now? Wow, even the hardcore kids in Chicago area are fashioncore
smile.gif

Ha! This is true.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
What kind of shoes are those ken?

Cardinal Shoe Company jump boots (made in USA, goodyear welt)

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird. Can't find those on google. Are they anything like Corcoran jump boots, or are they a more modern style? I've been looking at some various combat boots, but I always feel really uncertain about the materials quality.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Arg... sorry. Wrote "Cardinal," meant "Carolina" (there's a picture of a cardinal on the tongue, and I can't process information fast enough to decipher the state from the bird).

From what I understand, the same exact boots are made by Corcoran now. I think they're both owned by the same company, or something.

These are them: http://www.flyingtigerssurplus.com/b...bgid-4295.html

Reaction score
nice jeans, the fit is nice, and the wide selvage is neat----should create some atypical traintracks

i need a thesaurus

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look very good - except for the pockets. They're too low and to the sides, and unfortunately there probably is no good fix for that. It would appear that, unaltered, the pair was for a man with not only thicker legs but a large seat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads