• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Do these look alright?

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
My latest frankenstein is this pair that I made a touch slimmer. Look good, bad?

The side affect of which is some giant selvage.

On top: your everyday, run-of-the-mill selvage.
On bottom: the new, improved, futuristic, uberselvage.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Looks great.

My RRDS have an uberselvage at the bottom, too, from straightening the bootcut. I'm pretty sure wormholes form between two uberselvage outseams, so if you ever need to hustle out to the East Coast real quick, let me know and I'll find a secluded spot to stash my jeans so no one will see you mystically appear.

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
They look good. I like the fraken selvedge, it wouldnt surprise me if in order to milk the selvedge fad a bit more some denim brand did this.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like 'em a lot. What were they to begin with?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rome
They look good. I like the fraken selvedge, it wouldnt surprise me if in order to milk the selvedge fad a bit more some denim brand did this.
You know what's next, right? Selvage denim lining, bitches. I'm starting my own label.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I dig the fat selvage. that feature is one of my fave things about Julian Red cali

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Hey, is Ken wearing... expensive Japanese repros now? Wow, even the hardcore kids in Chicago area are fashioncore

Ha! This is true.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
What kind of shoes are those ken?

Cardinal Shoe Company jump boots (made in USA, goodyear welt)

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird. Can't find those on google. Are they anything like Corcoran jump boots, or are they a more modern style? I've been looking at some various combat boots, but I always feel really uncertain about the materials quality.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Arg... sorry. Wrote "Cardinal," meant "Carolina" (there's a picture of a cardinal on the tongue, and I can't process information fast enough to decipher the state from the bird).

From what I understand, the same exact boots are made by Corcoran now. I think they're both owned by the same company, or something.

These are them: http://www.flyingtigerssurplus.com/b...bgid-4295.html

Reaction score
nice jeans, the fit is nice, and the wide selvage is neat----should create some atypical traintracks

i need a thesaurus

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look very good - except for the pockets. They're too low and to the sides, and unfortunately there probably is no good fix for that. It would appear that, unaltered, the pair was for a man with not only thicker legs but a large seat.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 275 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40