• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do the shoes go?

vinnyP

Reaction score
Let me know what you guys think, rather get it wrong here then out there.

Thanks Guys

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
based on that picture, there are about a dozen problems here, one of which is the shoes.

The suit is at least one, most likely two, sizes too big. The sleeves are far too long, the pants are too long, and the chest is massive.

The shoes look cheap, are bluchers, and are square toed. disaster.

The tie is too long, and the fact that you're wearing a red shirt and matching red tie says all the wrong things.

Finally, the belt is too light for the shoes.

Overall, abandon ship, and start over at square one.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uhh... Those shoes are too square, and matching shirts and ties are pretty much always bad -- burgundy shirts are bad in general with any tie.

To answer your question, those shoes are too light a shade of brown for how dark that suit is. To offer unsolicited advice, A) try and get better shoes, and B) try and make your shirt the lightest and least vibrant thing you're wearing. Very light blue is your friend.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

based on that picture, there are about a dozen problems here, one of which is the shoes.

The suit is at least one, most likely two, sizes too big. The sleeves are far too long, the pants are too long, and the chest is massive.

The tie is too long, and the fact that you're wearing a red shirt and matching red tie says all the wrong things.

+1

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How could you tell without seeing the tongue/laces ?

CentralParkMan

Reaction score
I agree with the previous posters, the shoes are a no go with that outfit. However, they aren't as bad as some of the guys are making out and I can actually see them working with a different outfit. Perhaps pair them with long chinos and a pale colored shirt (e.g light blue) for a smart casual look. :)

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How could you tell without seeing the tongue/laces ?

on his left shoe, i detect a hint of the quarters. They could be loafers I spose, which is even worse.

The cut of that suit is also straight out of 1998.

i think we're being trolled

Hacking jacket

Reaction score
Stuff needs tightening regardless,e.g. the shirt cuffs and suit sleeve length, off-the-peg jacket, tie length, pants too long.

vinnyP

Reaction score
ok guys dont murder me here but like i said id rather get it wrong here then in the real worrld and idk what trolling is or what ever and I should of gave you some more info from the beginning. Im going to be graduating in May so i will be right out of college. I am in a profession where i dont need a suit every day this is more for interviews and a special occasion here and there. I dont have the money to buy a full blown tailored suit, and on top of that i have a weird body type at 5 "6" shorts legs and a long torso. So right now im working with what i got. Obviously i can fix the legs and cuff lengths. Let me know what you guys think of this look if its any better. For the picture i tucked the cuffs to make them look a little better idk just let me know what you guys think. I love the critiques but remember im a novice here so dont kill me
to where i never want to wear a suit again. Thanks guys

biged781

Reaction score
Definitely better, it's just too big for you. Notice how much room you have in the midsection and how far your shoulders droop over your natural shoulder? I'm not a fan of the shoes, but for interviews you'll be fine. The pants are still too long. When taking pictures you should take one head on with your arms hanging naturally, and then again from the side and back.

That said, most people wear suits that are too big for them. It could look better, but the colors are fine for an interview this time, and I doubt you will lose the position because of it.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads