• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do Purcells Stretch Out?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if Jack Purcells stretch out at all. The ones I have are snug, but my toe does not touch the end. They are a little uncomfortable in that they squeeze my toes, I would think they would not stretch out much because of all the rubber at the toe. Am I right?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a 9 in chucks and so I got a 9 in Purcells. But I will need to get a 9.5 in Purcells next time.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and in most shoes you're a __?

(sorry 'bout all the questions)

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben
and in most shoes you're a __? (sorry 'bout all the questions)
Depends, usually between a 9 and 10. But since Chucks and JP are made by converse, I thought they'd be the same.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Depends, usually between a 9 and 10. But since Chucks and JP are made by converse, I thought they'd be the same.
I tried on Chucks and they simply did not work at all for me. I normally wear an 11 but 11 in chucks was too tight around my toes. A half size up and I felt like I was wearing clown shoes. Simply too long. I blindly ordered size 11 purcells and they fit me perfectly. Go figure.

AnotherVictim

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I tried on Chucks and they simply did not work at all for me. I normally wear an 11 but 11 in chucks was too tight around my toes. A half size up and I felt like I was wearing clown shoes. Simply too long.

I blindly ordered size 11 purcells and they fit me perfectly. Go figure.

im sort of having the same problem, but its only on my left foot and its bearable unless i wear the chucks more than a few days in a row... but after that i feel a dull numb-like pain in my left-most toes on my left foot.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Chucks that have stretched out..it's a size 8 (my other chucks are 9s)...though I do deadlift and squat in them, so maybe that's why.

SDGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Just wondering if Jack Purcells stretch out at all. The ones I have are snug, but my toe does not touch the end. They are a little uncomfortable in that they squeeze my toes, I would think they would not stretch out much because of all the rubber at the toe. Am I right?

I had the same problem. I guess u have to .5 size up the Purcells compare to ur chucks

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually have a full size larger purcell than chucks(12-11) 12 being my normal sneaker size for vans, nike and such. I couldn´t fit in any smaller purcell. Chucks in 11 is a tad small, but since they are so soft it works anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads