1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Do Purcells Stretch Out?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tiecollector, Apr 3, 2007.

1. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

Just wondering if Jack Purcells stretch out at all. The ones I have are snug, but my toe does not touch the end. They are a little uncomfortable in that they squeeze my toes, I would think they would not stretch out much because of all the rubber at the toe. Am I right?

2. thisisme

thisisme Senior member

they do not stretch

3. hossoso

hossoso Senior member

4. tiecollector

Guess I'll have to size up a half size next time.

5. ruben

ruben Senior member

how much did you size up this time?

6. tiecollector

I wear a 9 in chucks and so I got a 9 in Purcells. But I will need to get a 9.5 in Purcells next time.

7. ruben

ruben Senior member

and in most shoes you're a __?

(sorry 'bout all the questions)

8. tiecollector

and in most shoes you're a __? (sorry 'bout all the questions)
    Depends, usually between a 9 and 10. But since Chucks and JP are made by converse, I thought they'd be the same.

9. whodini

whodini Senior member

Depends, usually between a 9 and 10. But since Chucks and JP are made by converse, I thought they'd be the same.
    I tried on Chucks and they simply did not work at all for me. I normally wear an 11 but 11 in chucks was too tight around my toes. A half size up and I felt like I was wearing clown shoes. Simply too long. I blindly ordered size 11 purcells and they fit me perfectly. Go figure.

10. AnotherVictim

AnotherVictim Senior member

I tried on Chucks and they simply did not work at all for me. I normally wear an 11 but 11 in chucks was too tight around my toes. A half size up and I felt like I was wearing clown shoes. Simply too long.

I blindly ordered size 11 purcells and they fit me perfectly. Go figure.

im sort of having the same problem, but its only on my left foot and its bearable unless i wear the chucks more than a few days in a row... but after that i feel a dull numb-like pain in my left-most toes on my left foot.

11. knucks

knucks Senior member

I have a pair of Chucks that have stretched out..it's a size 8 (my other chucks are 9s)...though I do deadlift and squat in them, so maybe that's why.

12. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

i can corroborate that purcells should be .5 sizes larger than chucks

my chucks = 9.5
    my purcells = 10

my...

A------DIDAS!

13. Buddy Love

Buddy Love Senior member

Let's see.... [​IMG][​IMG] I guess they do.

14. SDGuy

SDGuy Member

Just wondering if Jack Purcells stretch out at all. The ones I have are snug, but my toe does not touch the end. They are a little uncomfortable in that they squeeze my toes, I would think they would not stretch out much because of all the rubber at the toe. Am I right?

I had the same problem. I guess u have to .5 size up the Purcells compare to ur chucks

15. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

I actually have a full size larger purcell than chucks(12-11) 12 being my normal sneaker size for vans, nike and such. I couldn´t fit in any smaller purcell. Chucks in 11 is a tad small, but since they are so soft it works anyway.