• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do any members have experience with Aspinal wallets?

twblalock

Reaction score
I am shopping for a new wallet, and I have this one particularly in mind:

http://www.aspinaloflondon.com/eshop...d-cobalt-suede

It looks nice, and the price seems very good for the quality.

Do any members have any of these wallets? How soft and strong is the leather? Do the suede parts not last as long as the leather parts?

I keep my wallet in my front pocket, and it is important that it be thin. At the moment, I have a bifold nappa wallet which is falling apart. With 5 credit cards and a few bills, it is about a half an inch thick. Is the Aspinal wallet noticeable thicker than that? I was considering a separate slim card case and money clip, but it doesn't seem like a slim bifold is really that much larger in the pocket.

Also, if anyone knows of comparable wallets for under $100 or so, I would love to hear about them.

Thanks!

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look on eBay for Launer, some of the best around

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're pretty good quality in materials and finishing for the price. I have no real complaints there. But coming from a smaller card case/bill-holder, I found the bi-fold too large to carry in my front pocket. It's now sitting in my drawer. If you're used to a 3.5x5 wallet, I think it's a good buy especially with the variety of colors you can get it in. Can't comment on the wear aspect as I pretty much just put cards in it, put it in my pocket, and took them out.

GuP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fkl118
I don't have an Aspinal wallet, but I have ordered some and given them out as gifts. They are very good quality for the price.

You can get one for cheap from Aspinal's ebay store, if you don't mind the spelling mistake:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Aspinal-of-Londo...742.m153.l1262

Has anyone ordered one of these wallets with the spelling mistake? Where and with what color exactly is it engraved and how visible is the engraving?

I went to the website: http://www.aspinaloflondon.com/eshop...d-cobalt-suede

If you click on view more images, there is a picture where I see some writing on the inside in gold. Maybe this is similar to the engraving on these spelling mistakes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads