• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Did I get a good deal on these shoes?

laughwithm3

Reaction score
looks pretty wear out on the insole, and you do realize the cordovan is refering to the color right?

Sean Archer

Reaction score
Ya it looks like burgundy calf, not shell cordovan. Also, it looks like there was a lot of wear. I've bought much newer shoes, though still used, for that price.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sean Archer
looks like there was a lot of wear.

This.

Those shoes look rode hard and put away wet. In the future, avoid buying any used shoes that show that much mileage -- regardless of the price. Not just for the sake of reliability, but for the sake of not sticking your feet in someone else's petri dish.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a few small flaws on the right cap toe. Can't tell if they are scuffs or residue that needs to be wiped off. The insoles do look worn, but IMO only moderately and shouldn't be a concern for falling apart or anything. The sole itself looks nice, not all chipped and scratched up.

With some good elbow grease, polish and shoe trees, I think they will look very serviceable for many years.

For the price you paid, you'll get your money's worth in time worn. You could have done much worse buying a crappy pair of Kenneth Coles that would fall apart in 6 months.

If they were in my size, and I needed that style still, I wouldn't have paid more than $65 personally. But that's just me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads