• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Detroit Iron

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Drove a Mustang GT SLR today- wow...

Good thing I can't afford it or I'd be in jail inside of a week.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
frontquarteryz8.jpg
rearquartereb5.jpg

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TS, I can only see red Xs.
frown.gif
I am curious as to what the pics are.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LSeca
TS, I can only see red Xs.
frown.gif
I am curious as to what the pics are.

Fixed. Like a dog.

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Fixed. Like a dog.

Thanks. When is the Charger going to be available for sale (or is it)?

The domestic muscle cars are so fun to drive, especially in a straight line from a stop. They are inexpensive as well. I just wish they didn't have such a red neckish image. Please take no offense to those who own them.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks. When is the Charger going to be available for sale (or is it)? The domestic muscle cars are so fun to drive, especially in a straight line from a stop. They are inexpensive as well. I just wish they didn't have such a red neckish image. Please take no offense to those who own them.
Thats a Challenger. The new Charger is sort of a weird mix of fastback and sedan that does injustice to the name in my opinion. The Challenger is smaller, lighter, and has a MUCH more 'true to its roots' shape. In comparison:
1970dodgechallenger600ly3.jpg
dodgechallenger005ek5.jpg

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Thats a Challenger. The Charger is sort of a weird mix of fastback and sedan that does injustice to the name in my opinion. The Challenger is smaller, lighter, and has a MUCH more 'true to its roots' shape.

Good to know. That original Challenger is fantastic, imo, much better than the new model coming out as far as looks go. They have done a really good job with the new design though, better than the Mustang.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Good to know. That original Challenger is fantastic, imo, much better than the new model coming out as far as looks go. They have done a really good job with the new design though, better than the Mustang.

I agree.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own an 03 Cobra and love it, believe it or not, it handles better than some would believe. With that being said, I'm not a fan of the new Mustangs, only because they've simply gotten too large, however I am a fan of the new GT500KR.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-conte...28&idg=1&idi=3
My favorite American autos are the C6 ZO6 and the Ford GT, both are fast, both can handle well, both can compete with the majority of the highend sports cars coming out of Europe.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I thought it was Detroit Steel.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first car I ever owned was a 1971 Dodge Challenger convertible. It's my favorite of the muscle cars. I saw the new Challenger at the Denver auto show last year. It's a beautiful car. Much better looking than the new 4 door "Charger," which I find pretty ugly.

Here is another nice piece of Detroit Iron.

(The new 2008 Dodge Viper with over 600 horsepower)

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I had friends in college who restored '69 Chargers. Those things were huge! But, there was no mistaking them, either from their looks or their sound.

Lukewarm on the new Charger style, like the new Challenger. Looks more like the original.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
I own an 03 Cobra and love it, believe it or not, it handles better than some would believe. With that being said, I'm not a fan of the new Mustangs, only because they've simply gotten too large, however I am a fan of the new GT500KR.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-conte...28&idg=1&idi=3
My favorite American autos are the C6 ZO6 and the Ford GT, both are fast, both can handle well, both can compete with the majority of the highend sports cars coming out of Europe.

The Ford GT is sweet, but I'm biased against 'vettes.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
The Ford GT is sweet, but I'm biased against 'vettes.
I can understand, t

The new 08 vettes, are suppose to be even better. GM, improved the steering response, and several magazines, have even reported that it's almost as good as the 911's steering feedback, except more balanced.

Trust me...if I didn't have a baby on the way(and the wife would let me), I would jump at the opportunity to get a new Vette.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads