• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Detachable Collar Shirts

justagentlemen

Reaction score
Are there any places other than BB and the Vintage Shirt Company to get pique (marcella) bib front shirts with detachable collars?Single cuffs would also be nice.

Anthony Jordan

Reaction score
I think that Harvie and Hudson and Budd both do them, but you would have to order over the telephone. The other obvious resource would be websites supplying toastmasters and the like or eBay (especially if you don't mind vintage.)

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another English firm, Ede & Ravenscroft, may also be able to help you.
They've recently expanded their website (which is good, as it was virtually useless previously).
Have a look under the "Legal" category to see if anything suits your needs.

LeonM

Reaction score
Ede & Ravenscroft definitely do a marcella fronted tunic shirt:

sep28012qj6.jpg

It's single cuff as well. (Scan courtesy of Holdfast).

Leon.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
You might want to talk to a local tailor who does MTM. I was heading down that path until I was recently at the Chicago BB and just bought one. The salesman, whose voice and speech cadence were remarkably like the actor/comedian Larry Miller, did not know that the opening in the front of the shirt was to make it easier to insert the studs. He also said that the loop in the back collar was to attach the vest, which I suppose is true, however my understanding was that it was for threading the bow tie so it wouldn't ride up.

In addition to those features, the BB version has a vertically hanging strip with two button holes with which to attach the front of the shirt to the inside front of your trousers to keep it tucked in. A few things to keep in mind if these options are important to you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads