• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dear Old Oatmeal

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
518G3PRA6ML._SS500_.jpg

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Throw some diced apples in a pan with a little butter, add cinnamon and brown sugar, and then simmer until softened. Then stir that mixture into plain cooked oatmeal.

You can also do a similar mixture with bananas, walnuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
McCann steel cut oats++

Also, I use my fancy and overpriced Zojirushi rice cooker to prepare mine. I just set the timer to start cooking it in the early morning, and I have perfect oatmeal made for me right when I get out of bed, or when I get back from the gym. No mess or burning.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Does anybody cook theirs with milk? I go with 1c milk per 1/4c sc oats. Add in some frozen berries, cinnamon, nuts, and protein powder and you've got a complete meal.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rambo
Does anybody cook theirs with milk? I go with 1c milk per 1/4c sc oats. Add in some frozen berries, cinnamon, nuts, and protein powder and you've got a complete meal.

My wife does something similar, overnight in a crock pot. I just posted her recipe in some other thread, like winter comfort food or the like.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Yeah, I heard about that. The real medical mystery was, "Dennis Quaid got laid? HOW?"
meg-ryan.jpg
He did get her in her prime.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Heaven forbid I decide to work at Childrens' in LA and one of your kids has a mysterious cough...

Agreed.

Seriously, is pediatrics your intended specialty?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Night of the Living Dead Threads...!

Anyway, ahem, Quaker just came out with their own steel cut oats at the grocery store, check it out. I've never had McCann's but Quaker is MUCH cheaper.

Made some last night for the first time. Slightly browned the oats in butter on the stove, then added the boiling water and a splash of vanilla extract and some maple syrup before serving.

It was so good my gf who says she hates oatmeal ended up eating half my bowl.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I love oatmeal. I have the McCanns and the Snoqualmie Lodge type which are both whole oats and take a while to make. They are excellent and I prefer a traditional butter/brown sugar approach, with milk or half-n-half if I have it around (rare). Even the instant type, though it tends to be like eating gruel or that Matrix food, will at least keep me going for a very long time in the morning, more than anything else I can think of. The organic instant type is much better than the regular kind, a little more like real oats than just ground glue.
I like that type also depending on how many people I feeding I boil them with sweetened condensed mik, whole milk, cinnamon, maple syrup, nutmeg and a little allspice. Clearly I'm not health nut, but they end up damn good.

elijahj

Reaction score
Every morning I try to have oatmeal, but I put 2 scoops of unflavored protein powder in mine. It's a great way to get your protein if your lifting and also doesn't taste to bad that way.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't see how you guys can mix whey into your oatmeal, the **** tastes just rank and has the worst consistency ever.

steel cut oats/oatmeal and whey mixed with skim milk to drink is the way to go for breakfast.

edit: What is it about eating oatmeal that keeps ********* so hard? I don't know the science behind that, but it's a pretty rockin' side effect.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
I can't see how you guys can mix whey into your oatmeal, the **** tastes just rank and has the worst consistency ever.

Get better whey.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe that's it. I can tell you EAS and Bodyfortress friggin SUCK mixed with oatmeal.

Haven't tried my ON 100% Gold though...too scarred from previous attempts.

Tell ya what though...mix 2 cups of peanut butter, 3/4 cup honey, some olive oil, 2 cups oats, 5 scoops whey over a hot stove and mash into muffin trays. After you chill that in the fridge you have a dozen badass tasting homemade protein bars. Don't remember the macro breakdown exactly, but with a cup of skim milk you got 30 grams protein, ~50 carbs, and a ton of fat. Rocckkkk

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads