• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dear Old Oatmeal

unrated

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
I eat it straight out of the Quaker Oats can, with a spoon. Raw.

I remember a while back, I put oats with a protein shake without blending it. I let the protein shake soften the oats and drank it just like that. When I was working out, I was farting a lot and when I finally got home, there were oats in my poop.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mix two cups oats, two cups natty peanut or almond butter, some honey, and 5 scoops of whey powder in a stock pot over a hot stove. Mold into a muffin sheet and put in the fridge. When it hardens you have your own homemade protein bars with around 45 grams carbs, 23 grams protein each muffin (don't remember the fat amount but b/c of the nut butter, the fat count is up there). Eat with a glass of milk and you have a great high protein snack. Tastes like cold bake peanut butter fudge.

Works best with a high quality whey that has a lot of whey isolate, like ON 100%. You can use any cheap whey concentrate powder too, but the consistency won't be as good.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dirk diggler
microwave is approx. $70 @ Sam's club - wanna make a trade for something?
laugh.gif

Unfortunately my 20 square foot kitchen probably doesn't have room. That is, without a $40,000 renovation that just doesn't seem wise right now. Ah, New York City. I did not have oatmeal today for the first weekday in two weeks. I am unhappy about that.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer oatmeal form WildHarvest it is not bleached and is slow to coock but it is chewy and flavourfull. I add dry fruits to mine
tongue.gif
lums, bluberries, cranberries and sweeten it with a swirl of honey. I always add a little salt and chopped roasted peacans or walnuts. Perfect brain-food it is young Jedai.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You must have not had your brain food this morning considering you spelled Jedi wrong.
bigstar[1].gif

atomicranch

Reaction score
I recently got a Zojirushi fuzzy-logic rice cooker with a timer. I use the porridge setting and use one part steel-cut oats to three parts water. So, so good, and you don't have to wait for it to cook.

Plus, if you buy the bulk steel cut oats at Whole Foods, it ends up costing you like $0.20/bowl.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
made some oatmeal from scratch today for the first time. oatmeal with pistachios cranberries, honey and peanut butter. fantastic

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
made some oatmeal from scratch today for the first time. oatmeal with pistachios cranberries, honey and peanut butter. fantastic
LIKE! Normally it's blueberries, cranberries, and white chocolate chips. Sometimes I go dried apricots and reese's chips. Other times: banana and brown sugar.

darnelled

Reaction score
My daily quick and easy breakfast is 12 oz coffee with a packet of low sugar Quaker Oats bown sugar. Wait 60 seconds, add a peice of ice to cool it and drink it down.

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by atomicranch
I just spotted this as well. So, so cheap buying in bulk. Probably comes out to like 10 cents/bowl.

I also recently got a fuzzy-logic rice cooker with a timer to use to make my steel cut oats. I've never had them taste so good. I use the porridge setting and put in 3:1 water to oats. Takes about an hour to cook, but with the timer I have steaming, delicious oats waiting for me when I get up in the morning.

Originally Posted by atomicranch
I recently got a Zojirushi fuzzy-logic rice cooker with a timer. I use the porridge setting and use one part steel-cut oats to three parts water. So, so good, and you don't have to wait for it to cook.

Plus, if you buy the bulk steel cut oats at Whole Foods, it ends up costing you like $0.20/bowl.

weird sequence of posts there

anyway, oatmeal is great but only when it's not all mushy or overcooked. if it's instant I just pretend it's something completely different. not even going to think about mixing it with coffee.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a huge oatmeal fan. Discovered it last year as I began to diet. I like porridge too, Irish Flavor Oats I think is the kind I get. It can be found at Wegmans and is Irish.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I eat it most mornings. Raisins, diced apple and banana and some walnuts is my go to method. The instant stuff makes me gag, I'd rather just starve or eat some toast.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
I eat it most mornings. Raisins, diced apple and banana and some walnuts is my go to method. The instant stuff makes me gag, I'd rather just starve or eat some toast.
Try sliced dried Calimyrna figs. Especially if you prepare it on the stove top, the little seeds from the fruit mix in with the oatmeal and add a really great texture and flavor.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will do. I've used a wide variety of dried fruit but never figs. Not sure why, they're quite good and I think I may even have some in my pantry right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads