• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DC Networking Events...

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
I will be checking this out next week. Doesn't seem to cost anything.

Wednesday, April 15 from 5:00-9:00 PM. Join us for the launch of HAPPY HOUR ON K STREET with Bisnow at LIMA Restaurant + Lounge. An exclusive networking opportunity for Bisnow readers, with open bar from 5:00-6:00 in the Lounge, light hors d'oeuvres, chill music, and an outdoor patio. 1401 K St. See ad to right for details. sign-up.

Seems pretty cool.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some other stuff. Sadly, neither is free:

Friday, May 15, from 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM, join The Phillips Collection for its Annual Gala to raise funds for its award-winning education programs. Tickets: $1,000 per person for dinner, dessert and dancing; or $125 per person for dessert and dancing. Please contact Keith Costas at (202) 387-2151 or [email protected].

Thursday, June 4, from 6:30 -11:30 PM, join the Smithsonian’s Freer and Sackler Galleries for “ASIA after DARK,” a new after hours series celebrating Asian arts and culture. Cocktails, food tastings, gallery tours, DJ, live dance performance, hands-on art activities, and raffle. Tickets: $14 in advance, $18 at door. More info

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By the way, Magician, an event me and Joewoah went to recently didn't ID and had free alcohol from 5-6pm and lots of pretty young professionals in semi slutty work dress. As they plan to hold more of these for the next few weeks, you may PM me for details if interested.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most happy hours don't card anyway... except those in areas with lots of interns like Cap Hill. If Mag wants to get his drink on, he better do it before summer with this town gets hit with the underage intern wave (giggity giggity).

Anyway, I spoke to Mauro on Sunday and the next Farinelli meet will be Friday, May 1st.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
Most happy hours don't card anyway... except those in areas with lots of interns like Cap Hill. If Mag wants to get his drink on, he better do it before summer with this town gets hit with the underage intern wave (giggity giggity).

Anyway, I spoke to Mauro on Sunday and the next Farinelli meet will be Friday, May 1st.

Have you been to Brasserie Beck?

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xiaogou
Have you been to Brasserie Beck?

Many times. I think I've only been carded once there.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many times. I think I've only been carded once there.

My wife and I went there last Wednesday (1st time). Over 100 Belgian beers available
bounce2.gif
. Food was actually good too.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do not order the oysters.

The fries were unbelievable. I need a reason to swing by there again.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xiaogou
My wife and I went there last Wednesday (1st time). Over 100 Belgian beers available
bounce2.gif
. Food was actually good too.

Best beer and fries in the city. I love the Lamb Shank too, it's so tender, but I've seen people get stuck with less than desirable shanks in the past (I haven't though) so it might be hit or miss. I second Odum's comment about the Oysters... west coast Oysters suck and it's all they serve (edit: maybe they'll have some east coast options on the spring/summer menu). If you're in the DC area you should come to some of the events.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best beer and fries in the city. I love the Lamb Shank too, it's so tender, but I've seen people get stuck with less than desirable shanks in the past (I haven't though) so it might be hit or miss. I second Odum's comment about the Oysters... west coast Oysters suck and it's all they serve (edit: maybe they'll have some east coast options on the spring/summer menu).

If you're in the DC area you should come to some of the events.

I am there sporadically, as business dictates. Same with my wife.

I am allergic to shellfish, so I would never dare eat oysters. My wife on the other hand, ordered a dozen. There were 6 different types on the plate or prepared 6 different ways--don't remember which.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Best beer and fries in the city. I love the Lamb Shank too, it's so tender, but I've seen people get stuck with less than desirable shanks in the past (I haven't though) so it might be hit or miss. I second Odum's comment about the Oysters... west coast Oysters suck and it's all they serve (edit: maybe they'll have some east coast options on the spring/summer menu). If you're in the DC area you should come to some of the events.
I'll consider going there.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obama @ 100: A Progress Report from 'The Nation'

Washington , DC.

5:30pm

As Barack Obama marks his 100th day, The Nation magazine is hosting a forum to assess his administration's progress on a range of progressive issues, from the economy to the climate crisis, healthcare, foreign policy and transparency in government. Obama @ 100 will explore the policy victories already achieved and the political challenges that lie ahead. Featuring Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), with The Nation's Katrina vanden Heuvel, Christopher Hayes, William Greider, Ari Melber, John Nichols and Deepak Bhargava.

The free event takes place at the Washington Hilton, Georgetown Room, 1919 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Please RSVP to: [email protected].

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ When is this? I got invited to an all morning event costing ~$85 to mark the "occasion". If it isn't this week I'm down.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
^ When is this? I got invited to an all morning event costing ~$85 to mark the "occasion". If it isn't this week I'm down.

Whoops... it's tomorrow.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thursday, April 30, from 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM, join The Angels Network for its Spring Fling Jewelry Thing to raise funds for Alternative House's Assisting Young Women Program for Homeless 18-21 year old Moms. Excellent wine, plentiful hors d'oeuvres, awesome auction, and a great jewelry show. Cost: Give what you can. RSVP: [email protected]. (preferably by 4/25)

Seems girly but the potential here is immense.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads