• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dane Cook

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I think Dane Cook is about the funniest young comedian out there. Not to mention, he's probably the best physical comedian since John Ritter.

Not even close in my mind.

Ever see Chris Farley do the Chippendales bit on SNL, or Matt Foley, or about 100 other things?
Or Jim Carrey doing the Post-Nuclear Elvis bit or Firemarshall Bill?
Will Ferrelleven gets the vote over Dane Cook for me.

Wild arm movements to sell your story is different than true physical comedy to me.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
Not even close in my mind.

Ever see Chris Farley do the Chippendales bit on SNL, or Matt Foley, or about 100 other things?

True. Remember him as the American on the Japanese game show? When the camera goes on him- sweaty, nervous, in an ill-fitting suit- you're already laughing, without him even doing anything yet. How many comedians can do that?

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dane Cook kinda sucks. And I'm a "young person" in his demographic.

clarity

Reaction score
The only way I've been able to explain to DC fans why I don't like him is simply "he's god damn annoying"

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some kid posted something awful in the SW&D WAYWT yesterday and he had a Dane Cook avatar. He proceeded to be a little (and by little I mean big) ***** about the criticism he received, of course.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People actually like Dane Cook? Jesus.

Dane Cook is not funny, and his chickenpox-scarred face should NOT be on TV or in movies at all.

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried to read all the posts, but by page 3 I got sick of it. Dane Cook can be pretty funny. He's no comedy god, but he's entertaining. I think that the people who hate him with a passion are jumping on a bandwagon as much as those who think he's the best comedian ever. He's an alright comedian.

There are a lot of mediocre comedians that are pushed into the spotlight by comedy central. Demitri Martin? He has one funny joke in every 10 he tells, yet he has his own show.

Get over yourselves. Comedy is purely an opinion. What you find funny has to do with your intelligence, yes, but mainly it has to do with your experiences.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is a Dane Cook fan the type of person that likes to quote Borat?

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beta
[QUOTE

that said, I like Joe Rogan, Daniel Tosh, and Nick Swardson right now.

Daniel Tosh and Nick Swardson are my two favorite comedians. I met Nick in a bar here in DC before his show and he was so down to earth. He was flattered that someone recognized him and had a beer with me. His show was awesome as well.

I've seen Tosh too, and he was really funny.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KJT
There are a lot of mediocre comedians that are pushed into the spotlight by comedy central. Demitri Martin? He has one funny joke in every 10 he tells, yet he has his own show.

+ infinitude.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Is a Dane Cook fan the type of person that likes to quote Borat?

Believe it or not, in the annals of causasiandom, "I'm Rich James, *****!" is still the height of hilarity.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
he is doing some kind of new show, there are ads on the radio. I am not trying to jump on the bandwagon, but every "joke" that they showcased in the ad, I was left wondering where the punchline was. I am assuming that they highlight his "good" jokes for the radio ad. I also remember some road tour or something he did for TV, I watched 10 minutes of a "joke" that they were going to play on someone on the tour, I still can't explain what the joke was or where the funny was. He is like Ashton Kutcher, but with less talent.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
(...)He is like Ashton Kutcher, but with less talent.

...and that, ladies and gentlemen, is a punchline.
rimshot.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads