Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

DAMIR DOMA FW2014

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Jan 16, 2014.

1. sipang

sipang Senior member

2. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

the transformation is complete

3. sipang

sipang Senior member

DAMIR DOMA: Pariahdom

I thought it looked pretty decent as I was scanning the thumbnails, seeing the stuff in details I'm more skeptical. There are hints of old DD in the timidly voluminous outerwear, the long tailored coats (I like those) and the use of rougher fabrics/finishes but pretty much everything else looks like some bizarro KVA (or is it Dior Homme ?) and we all know this is not a path you want to take. I'm not sure about the weird fabric treatment (kinda looks like wood grain or compacted straw embroidery, there's fraying going on which could be nice, or not) and the garbage bag sleeves either...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014

4. ghostface

ghostface Senior member

i also like the double-breasted long coats, but...that's it. what a shame. this season's haider show feels like what "damir doma: winter resort" would be in a much better possible world.

5. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

6. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

this might have been the moment in 2011 when his scorned mind conceived the thought of abandoning all he'd been doing and aim for a luxe tailored market [to which he can never actually sell] and hoping for celebrity fame, never wanting to suffer such humiliation again

* that and fast-forwarding Rei's business strategy, time-compressing it into 3 years instead of 30.