• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dacks and other Canadian shoe brands

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So if I’m interested in getting a nice pair of quality brogues for widish feet, where should I start looking?

Vintage Florsheim. If you know your size, easy to find.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, are people here familiar with classicshoesformen.com?
Seems to offer quality shoes, not necessarily bargain prices but well curated.

This seller is extremely over priced. Info is often wrong.

Some members have had problems with him.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This seller is extremely over priced. Info is often wrong.

Some members have had problems with him.
Thanks, the search continues. The reason I was drawn to his site is his praise for Florsheim in particular - though having never worn them (or any semi formal shoe) I’m not quite sure where to start viz sizing, would Brannock be a good place to start?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, the search continues. The reason I was drawn to his site is his praise for Florsheim in particular - though having never worn them (or any semi formal shoe) I’m not quite sure where to start viz sizing, would Brannock be a good place to start?

Yea, get measured via Brannock. Sometimes you have to try a few brands and sizes.

For example, for WM Moorby 8.5ee is perfect whereas most dress shoes I need 8.5eee.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, get measured via Brannock. Sometimes you have to try a few brands and sizes.

For example, for WM Moorby 8.5ee is perfect whereas most dress shoes I need 8.5eee.
Canada West seems to follow UK sizing as I got my Moorbys in 9.5 EE and usually wear 10.5-11 in N.A. sizes. Viberg are the same. I wonder where/when this split began…

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Canada West seems to follow UK sizing as I got my Moorbys in 9.5 EE and usually wear 10.5-11 in N.A. sizes. Viberg are the same. I wonder where/when this split began…

You are likely 9.5EE, for brands like Allen Edmonds and Florsheim.

Most mall brands offer only medium width so that's why you were wearing 10.5/11.

I was wearing 9.5/10 for decades until I figured out my Brannock size.

I don't have any Viberg so can't comment on their sizing.

I think WM Moorby and Boulet follow US sizing. If UK, their widths would be lettered A to H.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are likely 9.5EE, for brands like Allen Edmonds and Florsheim.

Most mall brands offer only medium width so that's why you were wearing 10.5/11.

I was wearing 9.5/10 for decades until I figured out my Brannock size.

I don't have any Viberg so can't comment on their sizing.

I think WM Moorby and Boulet follow US sizing. If UK, their widths would be lettered A to H.
Clearly I need to Brannock up!

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seven Minasian is owner of that classicshoesformen website. Another member alerted about this civil case where he was sued.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday, fellow Canucks. A warmer day allowed for shoes. What better pair than these John McHale for Florsheim gunboats.

20220318_084730.jpg
20220318_084724.jpg

BlueSteel

Reaction score

Not to say there is a general rule for sizing...which can be complicated...

But for Viberg (except 2020 last) and all the Moorby boots that are labelled as EE, I would (and do) size them the same.

For those who are a Brannock width D or less, your best fit in both brands is likely a full size down from your Brannock (ie. if you are an 11D, try a size 10 in Viberg or Moorby).

For those who are a Brannock width E or EE, your best fit in both brands is likely a half size down from your Brannock (ie. if you are an 11E, try a size 10.5 in Viberg or Moorby).

I have multiple pairs of both brands, and this approach works very well for me!

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to say there is a general rule for sizing...which can be complicated...

But for Viberg (except 2020 last) and all the Moorby boots that are labelled as EE, I would (and do) size them the same.

For those who are a Brannock width D or less, your best fit in both brands is likely a full size down from your Brannock (ie. if you are an 11D, try a size 10 in Viberg or Moorby).

For those who are a Brannock width E or EE, your best fit in both brands is likely a half size down from your Brannock (ie. if you are an 11E, try a size 10.5 in Viberg or Moorby).

I have multiple pairs of both brands, and this approach works very well for me!
Well, got my Brannock today (ordered one) and the results are as I remembered them when measured in a shoe shop in the past. That is, I measure out to a 10.5 M on it. This is what confuses me, because the width measurement does not reflect my lived reality. Shoe people have always put me in regular width shoes and they never worked for me, which is why I eventually stopped going to shops and tried my luck online - hit and miss, of course. I discovered Duckfeet from Denmark which do work and Crocs Hover Lace-ups (look like Converse, but better made!). The Moorby boots I got recently also work at 9.5 EE, though the least little bit more width wouldn’t hurt a body.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, got my Brannock today (ordered one) and the results are as I remembered them when measured in a shoe shop in the past. That is, I measure out to a 10.5 M on it. This is what confuses me, because the width measurement does not reflect my lived reality. Shoe people have always put me in regular width shoes and they never worked for me, which is why I eventually stopped going to shops and tried my luck online - hit and miss, of course. I discovered Duckfeet from Denmark which do work and Crocs Hover Lace-ups (look like Converse, but better made!). The Moorby boots I got recently also work at 9.5 EE, though the least little bit more width wouldn’t hurt a body.

Brannock devices can't measure the entire foot. I always encourage people to try a few sizes. As you know, there is no universal sizing for footwear.

You should try 9.5eee or even 10ee to see if they work for you.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brannock devices can't measure the entire foot. I always encourage people to try a few sizes. As you know, there is no universal sizing for footwear.

You should try 9.5eee or even 10ee to see if they work for you.
Next time I go to the Canada West outlet I’ll try some of their EEE sizes, though honestly their EE feels pretty good so far, though I haven’t risked a real walk with them in the sand and salt that is a Winnipeg spring.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next time I go to the Canada West outlet I’ll try some of their EEE sizes, though honestly their EE feels pretty good so far, though I haven’t risked a real walk with them in the sand and salt that is a Winnipeg spring.

I'd love to visit their outlet.

Also give Boulet a try if you have a chance. Their EEE boots fit me well.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseTclow