• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chawk806

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I totally agree!! I'm enjoying all the pictures. I'd much rather buy a well cared for used pair of boots over a new pair any day. Size 11. Lol

mr. burns

Reaction score
better pics of my bounty hunters.

Chawk806

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's just amazing how great they clean up:). But I must say they look great before and after.

TH3515

Reaction score
How can I get that kind of look in a pair of engineer boots? I guess the smooth leather is dyed all the way through so is my only option wesco?

Brown (or black) Chromexcel should give you that look.

From what I saw on Bakers website, the Nomad Engineers are also available in Chromexcel, which is anilin dyed on the surface so the leather edges and points of wear will appear in a light, natural colour. Additionally, CXL will show "pull up" (a fully reversible lightening of the surface colour in areas where the leather is stretched or creased) so it will have a beautiful depth and liveliness from day one, even without any surface wear or abrasion.

Usually, a leather lining is recommended with CXL, as it is softer and more prone to stretching than the oil tan leathers. Bakers makes no mention if the Nomads are lined by default or never at all or if this is an option – so you'd have to ask.

giantslor

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered different-sized ("mismate") boots with a cap toe?
I really like the look of the cap toe, but my feet are different sizes, and it looks likely that I'll get a 10.5E on one foot and 11D on the other. Since the boots will be different lengths, I wonder if the cap toe will make that more noticeable and look off/asymmetrical.

Anyone have experience with this? Sorry if it's been discussed already (I've been going back through the whole thread).

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered different-sized ("mismate") boots with a cap toe?
I really like the look of the cap toe, but my feet are different sizes, and it looks likely that I'll get a 10.5E on one foot and 11D on the other. Since the boots will be different lengths, I wonder if the cap toe will make that more noticeable and look off/asymmetrical.

Anyone have experience with this? Sorry if it's been discussed already (I've been going back through the whole thread).

I wouldn't worry about too much. White's often mismatch such things even in the same size! But I doubt it would be too noticeable. I am a fan of the cap toe BTW...

Asmawis Kamba

Reaction score
i wore them 14hrs in flight from malaysia to Angola and very confy for me..so far i hv no complain about my boots and love my pair very much.

about patina still not seen yet as they are chrome excel only little bit of indigo stain from my demin..

order new pair of whites 4 weeks ago and below is the build:

Last: Standard
Toe Vamp Leather: Navy Chrome Excel by Horween
Upper (Shaft) Leather: Navy Chrome Excel by Horween
Back stay: Black Bull Hide
False Tongue: Black Bull Hide
Height: 8"
Counter Leather: Black Bull Hide
Celastic Toe Box: Double Celastic Toe
Hardware: Black Eyes & Hooks
Top: Rolled Top
Midsole: Double
Edge: Black
Sole: Vibram Composition Half Sole
Lace Design: Lace to Toe
Size - Length: 10.5
Size - Width: E

theme for new pair Blue and Black..all black stitches

Whirling

Reaction score

i wore them 14hrs in flight from malaysia to Angola and very confy for me..so far i hv no complain about my boots and love my pair very much.

about patina still not seen yet as they are chrome excel only little bit of indigo stain from my demin..

[COLOR=473C2D]Last: Standard[/COLOR]
[COLOR=473C2D]Toe Vamp Leather: Navy Chrome Excel by Horween[/COLOR]
[COLOR=473C2D]Upper (Shaft) Leather: Navy Chrome Excel by Horween[/COLOR]
[COLOR=473C2D]Back stay: Black Bull Hide[/COLOR]
[COLOR=473C2D]False Tongue: Black Bull Hide[/COLOR]
[COLOR=473C2D]Height: 8"[/COLOR]
[COLOR=473C2D]Counter Leather: Black Bull Hide[/COLOR]
[COLOR=473C2D]Celastic Toe Box: Double Celastic Toe[/COLOR]
[COLOR=473C2D]Hardware: Black Eyes & Hooks[/COLOR]
[COLOR=473C2D]Top: Rolled Top[/COLOR]
[COLOR=473C2D]Midsole: Double[/COLOR]
[COLOR=473C2D]Edge: Black[/COLOR]
[COLOR=473C2D]Sole: Vibram Composition Half Sole[/COLOR]
[COLOR=473C2D]Lace Design: Lace to Toe[/COLOR]
[COLOR=473C2D]Size - Length: 10.5[/COLOR]
[COLOR=473C2D]Size - Width: E[/COLOR]

[COLOR=473C2D]theme for new pair Blue and Black..all black stitches[/COLOR]

Thanks for the info! I bet these will look great! Glad to hear the other pair are working well for you.

NorthCoast

Reaction score

Last: Standard
Toe Vamp Leather: Navy Chrome Excel by Horween
Upper (Shaft) Leather: Navy Chrome Excel by Horween
Back stay: Black Bull Hide
False Tongue: Black Bull Hide
Height: 8"
Counter Leather: Black Bull Hide
Celastic Toe Box: Double Celastic Toe
Hardware: Black Eyes & Hooks
Top: Rolled Top
Midsole: Double
Edge: Black
Sole: Vibram Composition Half Sole
Lace Design: Lace to Toe
Size - Length: 10.5
Size - Width: E

theme for new pair Blue and Black..all black stitches

Those sound very interesting. I have a couple questions.

Why double celastic? Not sure what that adds over a single.

Did Whites agree to do all black stitching? I tried to get them to do that for my outsole and they would'nt.

Thanks

Asmawis Kamba

Reaction score
Those sound very interesting. I have a couple questions.

Why double celastic? Not sure what that adds over a single.

Did Whites agree to do all black stitching? I tried to get them to do that for my outsole and they would'nt.

Thanks
for that stitcing will see what White's going to do..that just from my comment when i sent it to Bakershoe. hopefully they will do since the edge color is black..

for choosing double celastic..i like the bulky toe for my boots..but its not much diffrent with single tho..they just look the same... ;-)

Neognosis

Reaction score
Anyone with Water Buffalo leather, how does it take a shine?

I know it comes shiny, but the samples I have seem to be coated with a plasticy finish.. is this true?

And what products do you use on the Water Buffalo leather? Can it achieve the same glassy shine you can get with calf?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads