• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Turns31

Reaction score
Anyone have any cap toe Main Streets in British Tan or Nat CXL? Can only find pics online for the calf.

nwlifer

Reaction score
Anyone have any cap toe Main Streets in British Tan or Nat CXL? Can only find pics online for the calf.
There were some cap toe Main Streets in British Tan on ebay, looked pretty good to me:

PACostag

Reaction score
anyone have some pictures of their semi dress boots with soft toes handy? With and/or without toe caps appreciated :)

Turns31

Reaction score
I had my wife help me re-measure and trace and ended up with some different/bigger numbers so that's encouraging.

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Yeah, saw those on White's IG and thought they looked great as well. I really like how the murdered-out look matches with the leather laces.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
Yeah, saw those on White's IG and thought they looked great as well. I really like how the murdered-out look matches with the leather laces.
right!? it's such an obvious look but it's never crossed my mind. ive had a black boot in mind for my next pair of work boots & I think this build has me sold.

andy b.

Reaction score
right!? it's such an obvious look but it's never crossed my mind. ive had a black boot in mind for my next pair of work boots & I think this build has me sold.
I have a pair of LTT SJs with black RO vamp and heel and smooth brown shaft. They look pretty cool. They also have the Vibram lug sole and double leather midsole, so they look rather beefy. LOL

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
@andy b. - how do you like the smooth over rough build? It’s a classic firefighter combo that’s makes a lot of sense.

miggyramone

Reaction score
How do the smooth oil tan leathers age? I am loving how brown dress is aging. I kinda want to try a brown smooth one day but like they would already make my casual 38 swing last boots look even more like a work boot.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do the smooth oil tan leathers age? I am loving how brown dress is aging. I kinda want to try a brown smooth one day but like they would already make my casual 38 swing last boots look even more like a work boot.
The only time I ever ran into anyone else wearing White’s he had black oil tan SDs. They looked super cool, well worn and showing more wear than I expected them to. About three years old I think. Made me sort of want a pair, though I’ve never had the leather myself.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
How do the smooth oil tan leathers age?
I got a pair of Farmer/Ranchers for work a couple years ago in Brown Smooth/Oil Tanned. I'd been wearing Danders & Redwings all my life up until then. The Brown Smooth has held up great rubbing on concrete/pavement, smashing through the elements (we get all 4 seasons here) and digging up underground gas lines like a madman.

Here's my Redwing loggers after a little more than a year in the field and White's in Brown Smooth after 2+ years and how well they clean up

Netvine

Reaction score
I got a pair of Farmer/Ranchers for work a couple years ago in Brown Smooth/Oil Tanned. I'd been wearing Danders & Redwings all my life up until then. The Brown Smooth has held up great rubbing on concrete/pavement, smashing through the elements (we get all 4 seasons here) and digging up underground gas lines like a madman.

Here's my Redwing loggers after a little more than a year in the field and White's in Brown Smooth after 2+ years and how well they clean up

did you use vsc on those brown smooth? They look much better then my hdlp’d!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40