• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Marmite89

Reaction score
Rough-out Islay GMTO
Has anyone heard any news at all in terms of delivery? My rough calculation from when we completed was anytime during June for delivery.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rough-out Islay GMTO
Has anyone heard any news at all in terms of delivery? My rough calculation from when we completed was anytime during June for delivery.
Nope, crickets.

According to their initial estimate it should have been near end of May; they definitely should be in our hands at this point in June. Initial estimate was 9-12 weeks, we just started week 17.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generally I’m not impatient. I’m accustomed to the waiting period, but given it’s a new last and model for me; I’m becoming impatient.

Gustaf

Reaction score
Russian Grain Coniston

This just in from Ms Vigouroux at C&J:

I have revised the tongue spec from half bellows to standard and the price from 925 to 950 in the MTO sheet.

Signees, please confirm at your earliest convenience and no later than Thursday June 15:

1) that you are ready to place an order with C&J no later than June 16, and
2) whether you can accept a change of lasts from 325 to to 335.

Cc: @owenshill @stephenaf2003 @Coolhand0302 @SteveL91 @joecrouton @nishant @isaho1

Gentlemen, it is past June 15 and I have only seen two responses - thanks @SteveL91 and @stephenaf2003. In summary, two are in, one is out, and five are unaccounted for. Based on this uncertainty and, admittedly, my own lack of patience with GMTO:s that fail to complete despite apparently having enough support, I too am out. I have removed @stephenaf2003 and myself from the sheet. I wish those still interested success in completing this GMTO!

isaho1

Reaction score
Gentlemen, it is past June 15 and I have only seen two responses - thanks @SteveL91 and @stephenaf2003. In summary, two are in, one is out, and five are unaccounted for. Based on this uncertainty and, admittedly, my own lack of patience with GMTO:s that fail to complete despite apparently having enough support, I too am out. I have removed @stephenaf2003 and myself from the sheet. I wish those still interested success in completing this GMTO!
I would still be in with 325, I'm out if its 335.

Style989

Reaction score
Rough-out Islay GMTO
Nope, crickets.

According to their initial estimate it should have been near end of May; they definitely should be in our hands at this point in June. Initial estimate was 9-12 weeks, we just started week 17.
Generally I’m not impatient. I’m accustomed to the waiting period, but given it’s a new last and model for me; I’m becoming impatient.
on the main CJ thread there was a a photo of a rough out islay but spec was different so I assume that was the retail model. I will follow up now and see if I can get an eta for our GMTO

Marmite89

Reaction score
on the main CJ thread there was a a photo of a rough out islay but spec was different so I assume that was the retail model. I will follow up now and see if I can get an eta for our GMTO

Thanks, Gents, for the replies… was just wondering rather than being in any big rush. Not like it is really Islay weather in England at the moment!

Marmite89

Reaction score
Just heard back from the store manager Huq at 92 jermyn st. He's been really great throughout the process. He spoke to the factory and the rough out islay will be shipped to Jermyn st early July and then shipped out to the individual addresses
Great news. Appreciate the update!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just heard back from the store manager Huq at 92 jermyn st. He's been really great throughout the process. He spoke to the factory and the rough out islay will be shipped to Jermyn st early July and then shipped out to the individual addresses
July?…hmmm, ok thanks for the getting an answer for us.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A bit of a tangent, but I just had shell cordovan Harvard loafers resoled with their city rubber. Very effective- shall see if it holds up to walking as well. If it works, I may try the same model with Russia calf.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit of a tangent, but I just had shell cordovan Harvard loafers resoled with their city rubber. Very effective- shall see if it holds up to walking as well. If it works, I may try the same model with Russia calf.
You should be very pleased with it

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Hello folks - for those who've signed up so far for the '2023 Lindrick Whiskey Shell' spreadsheet, we now have a confirmed price via Alex @ C&J which is £1150 inc. VAT. (yes, the price increase is noticeable). The spreadsheet has been updated accordingly. Cheers.

Hello Folks

We seem to have garnered sufficient interest in the '2023 Lindrick Whiskey Shell' spreadsheet with 6 people now showing interest. Originally i had proposed to leave the spreadsheet open up until the end of the year. But things have moved along fast. But if its OK with everyone, we can still leave the spreadsheet running for another few weeks (e.g. till end of August) since some people have enquired about it and might still be considering putting down their names.

For those of you who've so far put down your names on this spreadsheet, I've discussed with Alex @ C&J this morning and she clarified that we cannot have variety in the orders we place (other than varying shoe sizes ofcourse). So referring back to the original proposed specifications listed, it will be:
  • all 8 exposed eyelets (speed hooks cant be accommodated on a single order unfortunately, as checked with Alex this morning)
  • ridgeway sole (which offers better grip and is more versatile compared to dainite - see sample of a 325 last on ridgeway sole by clicking here)
  • storm welt
(please see spreadsheet for more of the listed specifications)

If i can ask everyone who's interested to just take note of these points above and to update/confirm their entry on the spreadsheet. That way we know the actual confirmed number of people that are going ahead.

Come end of August, we close this spreadsheet and proceed to confirming and placing the orders.

So if anyone is still sitting on the fence and contemplating adding their name to the spreadsheet, you know the plan and cut-off now

Best Wishes to all.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy