• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

theundeadkennedy

Reaction score
Last would be a Cheviot makeup made on the 375 last. 375 is an update to the 325 with a better fit in the waist and heel. Frame Fukuoka is already doing Pembrokes with the 375.

C&J Gunboats!!!

I'm back and forth between Burnished Tan Calf and either Dark Brown or Tan Scotch Grain. With all 3 ideas I'm of course open to input from the group.

2023 Cheviot in TBD.png

Loafer picture to show burnished tan calf.

theundeadkennedy

Reaction score
Nice proposal. I would sign up to this. For those (like me) who've never done a MTO or GMTO via this platform. Can you tell me how i would go about it? Thanks.

This would also be my first GMTO through here, so hopefully another member will chime in to correct me. But I believe if there is interest on the makeup it can be added to the official GMTO spreadsheet. From there interested parties can add their name to the list and a price and timeframe can be added once there is enough interest.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
This would also be my first GMTO through here, so hopefully another member will chime in to correct me. But I believe if there is interest on the makeup it can be added to the official GMTO spreadsheet. From there interested parties can add their name to the list and a price and timeframe can be added once there is enough interest.
OK thanks. Will wait for more instructions and guidance on this as it develops.

SteveL91

Reaction score
Nice proposal. I would sign up to this. For those (like me) who've never done a MTO or GMTO via this platform. Can you tell me how i would go about it? Thanks.
Generally, someone takes the lead with the proposal, i.e. reaching out to C&J for pricing, confirmation that the makeup is doable, etc. At some point, a sheet will be created in the C&J GMTO Google sheets with the details and the option to signup (and this may even be done in advance of final confirmation from C&J). Just add your name and sizing, and ideally, drop a comment in this thread stating that you've signed up. When they come together quickly, the organizer is usually on top of the status and once it hits the required number, you'll provide your email address and C&J will contact you for payment. On the proposals that languish, who knows.

SteveL91

Reaction score
I hope it's not considered a bombardment of too many MTO ideas, but I threw a few separate options together with the intent to add whichever had actual interest to the official GMTO spreadsheet.

First is a Skye boot in Tan Scotch Grain. Skomakaren did this makeup some years ago and I love it. Burnished Tan would also look great. I've had a lot of regrets after letting my burnished chestnut Skyes go a few years ago. I think tan would be a more versatile color than the chestnut was and would get more wear.

I'm proposing the 378 last for the MTO. Its described as an update to the 335 with a sculpted heel cup.
Nice makeup, I'd be interested in this and maybe the Cheviot.

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
I hope it's not considered a bombardment of too many MTO ideas, but I threw a few separate options together with the intent to add whichever had actual interest to the official GMTO spreadsheet.

First is a Skye boot in Tan Scotch Grain. Skomakaren did this makeup some years ago and I love it. Burnished Tan would also look great. I've had a lot of regrets after letting my burnished chestnut Skyes go a few years ago. I think tan would be a more versatile color than the chestnut was and would get more wear.
View attachment 1930117

I'm proposing the 378 last for the MTO. Its described as an update to the 335 with a sculpted heel cup.
That is a very nice idea. I saw photos on the web of a tan scotch grain Skye and this make-up is fantastic! However, I hesitate as I already own the Skye in chestnut calf and the Lindrick in whiskey shell. But maybe I would join nevertheless.

theundeadkennedy

Reaction score
That is a very nice idea. I saw photos on the web of a tan scotch grain Skye and this make-up is fantastic! However, I hesitate as I already own the Skye in chestnut calf and the Lindrick in whiskey shell. But maybe I would join nevertheless.
That would definitely fall in the same color pallette as those, but could fill a more rugged overall role 🤔 I'd say they would be more low key as well than their brothers.

theundeadkennedy

Reaction score
It would mostly depend upon the leather & color. I LOVE longwings, but I already have a tan pair, so I don't really see myself picking up a duplicate, but I'd have to think about it if it's scotch grain.
Well hopefully some other members are interested and we can see where things go 🤞🏻

kevking

Reaction score
Long time lurker, but I just signed up to add my name to the burgundy shell Harlech GMTO - really love CJ shell!

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
Arrived today! Connaught single special order in Earth green suede on dark brown city sole, last 236.
The shoes look a bit more greenish outdoors in real life than on the photos. Indoors, they look like dark grey. Exactly as I planned. Not everybody's cup of tea, but I find them awesome. I will post more photos when they get their first wear:

IMG_5267.JPG

IMG_5272.JPG

IMG_5269.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads