• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

plato

Reaction score
Just added my name to the list for the PTB. Will try to search for the other post with instructions and email C&J in the morning to confirm.

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Any chance you confirmed if they can do a GMTO in color 4?
Unfortunately, Crockett & Jones doesn’t carry Color 4, as I also thought this would be a fantastic look for their patterns…

From an email with C&J last week:

B2B74B45-B108-4E75-A95D-D615C9393DCB.jpeg

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Navy Shell Lindrick update

The following people have expressed interest in a Navy shell Cordovan Lindrick GMTO:

As we add to the group, some changes to the original spec sheet have been proposed for consideration... In the interest of consensus, and in just building the best overall makeup we can come up with, please consider if you have a preference for any of the following specifications:

Eyelets:
- 8 matching eyelets
- 4 speedhooks + 4 eyelets

Hardware (regardless of eye/hook combination):
- matching (navy painted)
- brass hardware (antique or bright)

Sole:
- Double Leather
- Dainite Ridgeway
- Dainite Studded

Just a reminder that the Northampton factory is closed until October 3 for their Autumn break. Upon their return, we will receive confirmation of leather availability and final pricing. I’d like to put the GMTO together without delay, so please consider your interest as a participant in this venture in the interim.

Once all committed participants are identified, I will notify Jermyn Street of our final list, and we will “close” the GMTO. I will provide contact details to the group, and each participant will need to arrange payment and shipping details directly with Crockett & Jones. If not enough participants pay as agreed or the GMTO falls apart for any other reason, C&J will refund payment. But if the GMTO proceeds as planned, then we can expect our boots approximately four months from when the order is sent to the factory (~Jan, 2023).

Please let me know any questions or suggestions either here or via pm - thanks!

Navy Cordovan Lindrick GMTO Update

Crockett & Jones’ Northampton factory has reopened and confirmed pricing for the Navy Lindrick; please note the bolded and underlined changes to the hardware and sole below based on feedback received so far:

Style: Lindrick
- Last: 325
- Width: E
- Material: Shell Cordovan
- Colour: Navy Blue
- Welt: Dark Brown Stormwelt
- Sole Unit: Ridgeway
- Midsole: Dark Brown Leather
- Edge Colour: Dark Brown
- Eyelets: 4 speedhooks + 4 eyelets (brass)
- Price (VAT incl.): £995
- Price (ex-VAT): £829.17

Please confirm if you’re still in as a participant for this GMTO by signing up on the SF CJ GMTO spreadsheet and we’ll move the group to a private thread for the next steps…

Thanks again for everyone’s interest in this makeup, and I can’t wait to get this order into the factory and underway!

Those who have expressed interest:
- @Coolhand0302
- @SteveL91
- @shoeinvestor
- @nareichert
- @joecrouton
- @ckchan
- @Crafty Cumbrian
- @alazdi
- @Cronmok
- @Flypaper89
- @scrumtrulescent
- @kczsilence

Last edited:

Iloveshoes19009

Reaction score
Anyone interested in making a gmto-

Model- Harlech or perth
Last- 363, 341 or 348
Width- E
Leather- shell cordovan
Color- whiskey or dark brown
Welt- 360, no storm welt

The rest of the options i am open to

Flypaper89

Reaction score

Crockett & Jones’ Northampton factory has reopened and confirmed pricing for the Navy Lindrick; please note the bolded and underlined changes to the hardware and sole below based on feedback received so far:

Please confirm if you’re still in as a participant for this GMTO by signing up on the SF CJ GMTO spreadsheet and we’ll move the group to a private thread for the next steps…

Thanks again for everyone’s interest in this makeup, and I can’t wait to get this order into the factory and underway!

- @Coolhand0302
- @SteveL91
- @shoeinvestor
- @nareichert
- @joecrouton
- @ckchan
- @Crafty Cumbrian
- @alazdi
- @Cronmok
- @Flypaper89
- @scrumtrulescent
- @kczsilence
Done and done! Thanks!

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@joman8390 @nycs10011 @clee1982 @c0ugrhuntr @YouyouFr + ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED.

I have updated information on the C&J brown shell cordovan Grasmere PTB on 325 last (identical to RL Marlow).

1. We are entitled to the retail price for a GTMO of at least 6 participants.
2. The current retail price is £690 (or £575 ex VAT). (For perspective, the price of a single MTO is £975 (or £812.50 ex VAT).
3. The shoes will be delivered approximately 4 months after the complete order is placed.
4. Shipping to US is £20.

Other pertinent information:

- Six participants is a minimum but C&J is willing to accept any number of orders in excess of six.
- To commence the order, C&J needs the following information from all participants: (a) name and styleforum name, (b) UK shoe size (E fitting), (c) shipping and billing address, (d) telephone number, and (e) whether you want the shoes shipped to you or you will collect the shoes from the store
- For security reasons, C&J desires to take credit card details over the phone. The rest of the information will be delivered to C&J via e-mail. Payments will be processed immediately. If for any reason the GMTO does not go through C&J will refund all payments.
- IF a pair is damaged during production C&J will not remake the pair but will refund the money.

We currently have FIVE confirmed participants ready to provide payment information to C&J. We need just one more to place the order (but even after getting the sixth can include anyone else who desires to participate).

NoY9DqkTgEJAcN4BPnWMMBl-q4Xv_varIg-rzmCeCYG7VcVdQAcxgd38BeQZt5S9LJaA4esyYmEWj25oqYGPDqYO8AV4wyrZMExsRjVXQJk8IqMzAZcTjk-JdQ2j9Cu6BQJ3UureH-dT_-DTmd2M5RIITpXaq2joxwDszwVtAx7c_3vs4pI

GMTO - C&J brown shell cordovan Grasmere PTB on 325 last (identical to RL Marlow).

LAST CALL FOR ANYONE INTERESTED - We have 9 participants. Order information being sent and payment being made to C&J tomorrow.

ThomasR

Reaction score

- @Coolhand0302
- @SteveL91
- @shoeinvestor
- @nareichert
- @joecrouton
- @ckchan
- @Crafty Cumbrian
- @alazdi
- @Cronmok
- @Flypaper89
- @scrumtrulescent
- @kczsilence
I’ve added myself to the gmto Google sheet. if it’s not yet closed I’m in.

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

- @Coolhand0302
- @SteveL91
- @shoeinvestor
- @nareichert
- @joecrouton
- @ckchan
- @Crafty Cumbrian
- @alazdi
- @Cronmok
- @Flypaper89
- @scrumtrulescent
- @kczsilence
Hi, wasn’t for me thanks. Seems a goer so well done.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads