• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

djbanor

Reaction score
I don't suppose people would be interested in a Victoria or Ridgeway sole instead of Dainite? Not quite commando but a bit more foul-weather appropriate.

For the Dundee? I don't have a strong preference for any particular sole. For those that want Dainite, I don't see why they would be opposed to either the Ridgeway or the Victoria. Indeed, one of those soles might make it an even more uncommon pair of boots.

Would you like to be added on the interest list?

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For the Dundee? I don't have a strong preference for any particular sole. For those that want Dainite, I don't see why they would be opposed to either the Ridgeway or the Victoria. Indeed, one of those soles might make it an even more uncommon pair of boots.

Would you like to be added on the interest list?
Yes, I would! Navy shell winter boots gogo!

Mica2015

Reaction score

Is there a retailer in the US who will do a MTO for C&J? I contacted Ben SIlver and they said "No"

Through UK mail order, GBP 520 and up, VAT already removed, for benchgrade

Through NY shop, USD 1250 and up for bench, 1450 for hand

ErikW

Reaction score
Last step on the C&J Marlow PTB. I need to compile a list of everyone's names for Lauren. Sorry, I didn't realize this was a requirement!

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As others know from my posting on here, I had a bear of a time trying to pin down my size. I tend to be 8.5E or 9E in US sizing. I've tried the RL Marlow in US sizes 8, 8.5, and 9.

8 = too tight and narrow
8.5 = pretty good all around fit, what I hope to emulate with GMTO orders
9 = much too long

I also own a pair of CJ for BB shoes on the 325 in size 8.5 and they fit well, like the 8.5 Marlows.

Based on all this, Lauren recommended sizing down a half size to UK 8E. I had always learned that US = UK + 1, but after much back and forth I ultimately decided on half a size down to 8E. I am really hoping I guessed correctly.

I have a pair of CJ Pembrokes in 8E on the way to confirm the sizing, but I doubt I'd be able to make edits to my order by the time they arrive.

I wear my Marlows (wingtips, tassels, and pennies) in U.S. 8.5D and have my Harlechs and Onslows in U.K. 8E. I think you should be fine depending on what you are ordering. I do have to say though my Onslows (in shell) feel looser than my Marlow wingtips.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear my Marlows (wingtips, tassels, and pennies) in U.S. 8.5D and have my Harlechs and Onslows in U.K. 8E. I think you should be fine depending on what you are ordering. I do have to say though my Onslows (in shell) feel looser than my Marlow wingtips.

Thanks for the feedback. I ordered Lindricks and whisky Marlow wingtips via the two GMTOs, so same last. Hoping they end up fitting correctly!

ErikW

Reaction score
I don't think anyone has been charged yet.

Does this mean that not everybody has paid up? I reached out to Lauren, but haven't heard back yet.

Correct - I think the problem is she doesn't have everyone's emails in one central location. We have not been charged, but I think she has all 12 CCs. She asked me to compile the list of names, but I only had Reddit/SF user IDs, which she said wouldn't be helpful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads