• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My most profound apologies to comrade SF member as I am probably posting in the wrong thread.
I am in need of SF community advice : Where can I get  both C&J Skye 2 and Harlech in cordovan?

I am asking because this is what I got few minutes ago from [COLOR=550055]Jonathan Colon of C&J NY : "...At the moment I do not have either model available in your size UK12 and I do not[/COLOR][COLOR=550055]
[/COLOR][COLOR=550055]> see any scheduled to come in for at least the next 8 weeks. If you'd like I[/COLOR][COLOR=550055]
[/COLOR][COLOR=550055]> can contact you as soon as one becomes available or you can check with one[/COLOR][COLOR=550055]
[/COLOR][COLOR=550055]> of our shop in the UK and order directly from them if the size is available...."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=550055]Well, I sent query to UK shops. What if they do not them too...? Any other place I can get them?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=550055]If not than I guess I am posting in the right thread cause I'll be doomed to subscribe  to [/COLOR] Dundee Boot GMTO (price indeed is looking tasty..

Yes the Harlech is very nice boot. Here is mine in UK12E with Ridgeway sole I had added by C&J...

You should definitely join the Dundee GMTO, it's going to be (dare I say it), much nicer and more unique, than the Harlech!

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

C&J Dark Brown Cordovan Dundee Boot GMTO Update 03/01.

Price is looking like a very tasty $785 so if in doubt purchase immediately as you may never get another chance :slayer:

Definitely Interested:
hoit1981 - Prefers medallion
kczsilence - Prefers no medallion
DavidLane - Prefers no medallion
scuppasteve - Fine with or without medallion
kczsilence's friend - Only interested in no medallion
schmallo15 - Prefers medallion
zippyh - Prefers medallion
kwhitelaw - Fine with or without medallion

Were interested, but may have to sit out:
ErikW
Akeem
cheesecake
vkab - Still no response on Reddit...

We may need to find another 4 participants! I've joined AAAC so will post a thread there as soon as I'm able

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@hoit1981

What last is the dundee boot on?

kczsilence

Reaction score
I'm assuming that the price is EX-VAT but how much is shipping to the US roughly or is that price all inclusive? Very attractive price, no doubt but figured I should ask.

Since it's my first few GMTOs, does it come with anything besides the boots/shoes and shoe bags?

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm assuming that the price is EX-VAT but how much is shipping to the US roughly or is that price all inclusive? Very attractive price, no doubt but figured I should ask.

Since it's my first few GMTOs, does it come with anything besides the boots/shoes and shoe bags?

Last I did it, shipping was £30 (~$42). They ship fast using ParcelForce, and I haven't heard of anyone getting stung with import duties / fees.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The last C&J GMTO they shipped via UPS. No import duties due. They were declared in a customer friendly manner (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).

The duty free limit is going up to $800 in a little over a week. March 10 I think.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/1907
(Sec. 601) The general de minimis aggregate fair retail value in the country of shipment of duty-free articles imported by one person on one day increases from $200 to $800.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think it was the same 30gbp or so.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, those of you who have not yet given me your name and email, please do so ASAP.

@zippyh
@MyValentine
@Faster
@loxo
@Watchman1
@makewayhomer
@itbegins
@Zachy
@CHRK33
@WiredandTired
@movoblast
@kczsilence
@cs1421
@schmallo15
@gsgleason
@HerrMunich
@PartagasIV
@ErikW
@bespoken pa

Thanks for your time.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So we're not making the order today?

Lauren asked for me to first gather everyones info so that when we all begin the process, she know who we are and exactly which order this is. Perhaps because this is such a large order??

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@zippyh
@MyValentine
@Faster
@loxo
@Watchman1
@makewayhomer
@itbegins

@Zachy
@CHRK33
@WiredandTired

@movoblast
@kczsilence
@cs1421
@schmallo15
@gsgleason
@HerrMunich
@PartagasIV
@ErikW
@bespoken pa

Those of you who do not have your names crossed out please contact me ASAP. This is the last puzzle piece Lauren asked me to gather.

Good evening.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads