• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sent my email to Pernilla. I expect it is only a matter of time before this makeup gets made again - even if that's after we get our first run and pics are posted. By the time that happens we could be headed into spring anyway. (Sorry Bootspell, I'd like to be more optimistic but it's not in me...) Anyway thanks again Nigel. Hopefully people will move quickly and submit payment info ASAP.

Mutombo

Reaction score

You did the right thing man. I have organized probably more GMTO on this forum than anybody else. There is a reason why we have nicknamed GMTO "herding cats business".
People often express interests in particular GMTO but then disappear from radar's screes for days. You did the right thing and thank you for organizing this project.

Agreed.  Nigel, you did clearly say that people needed to confirm their intent to be in the first 12 GMTO order with a PM to you or a post to that effect.  You gave them a few days and I think that is fair.  When GMTOs are organized, it is necessary for folks who want to be involved to stay in touch very frequently for things move fast.  It's not fair to delay the order for the whole group if a few people are slow to move or respond.

Thanks for your efforts.  Now can you expedite the order, please?  (jk)

I definitely understand what you guys are saying, Nigel has organized this whole thing and can run the list how he pleases. Nigel's post from Saturday updated the status of the first list with 8 names confirmed, and also included the order of the second/reserve list. Then on Sunday morning he opened it up to the first 4 to confirm, resulting in 3 people below me on the reserve list jumping over me, plus another member getting in on the first 12 who wasn't even on the original list to begin with.

I'm just frustrated because I've been checking this thread every day for the past few weeks, including posting and voting on the proposed makeup, and I was skipped over because I didn't log in on a Sunday morning.

Again, I get that these GMTO's can be impossible to pull together so I don't blame him, I'm just bummed that I missed out in this manner.

nigeljh

Reaction score
You did the right thing man. I have organized probably more GMTO on this forum than anybody else. There is a reason why we have nicknamed GMTO "herding cats business".
People often express interests in particular GMTO but then disappear from radar's screes for days. You did the right thing and thank you for organizing this project.

Agreed. Nigel, you did clearly say that people needed to confirm their intent to be in the first 12 GMTO order with a PM to you or a post to that effect. You gave them a few days and I think that is fair. When GMTOs are organized, it is necessary for folks who want to be involved to stay in touch very frequently for things move fast. It's not fair to delay the order for the whole group if a few people are slow to move or respond.

Thanks for your efforts. Now can you expedite the order, please? (jk)

Thanks, appreciated. As you know it's the first time I've been involved in a GMTO in any capacity, and I tried to be fair but also keep the thing moving, especially after losing 7 or 8 names in a pretty short space of time

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sent my email to Pernilla. I expect it is only a matter of time before this makeup gets made again - even if that's after we get our first run and pics are posted. By the time that happens we could be headed into spring anyway. (Sorry Bootspell, I'd like to be more optimistic but it's not in me...) Anyway thanks again Nigel. Hopefully people will move quickly and submit payment info ASAP.

Yeah, I was just joshing Nigel. There is some basis for being optimistic. The last GMTO from C&J I was involved in was the first whiskey shell Harlech boots, and those were delivered pretty much on schedule, at 15 weeks from the date our credit cards were charged. Regardless, I don't mind if it's spring when they arrive. I wear boots all year round anyway. :->>

loxo

Reaction score
Just sent my info over to C&J for the order. The makeup on them looks really fantastic, @nigeljh , did a bang-up job, especially for his first GMTO. I'm pretty stoked to see the zug leather.

I know getting sizing advice on the internet comes with an implicit caveat emptor, but I figured I'd ask for consensus: I have a pair of Skye boots on the 335 last which are tight in the vamp/instep but otherwise fit great. I am concerned as to whether or not I should I take the same size in the Snowdons on the 228 last or size up? The Skyes are fairly new and I have only really begun wearing them regularly now that it is fall, so anyone who has had a pair for a long time: do they stretch at all in the vamp? I pretty much have to wear the Skyes with dress socks right now, but hope to wear the Snowdons with thicker socks.

nigeljh

Reaction score
Just sent my info over to C&J for the order. The makeup on them looks really fantastic, @nigeljh , did a bang-up job, especially for his first GMTO. I'm pretty stoked to see the zug leather.

I know getting sizing advice on the internet comes with an implicit caveat emptor, but I figured I'd ask for consensus: I have a pair of Skye boots on the 335 last which are tight in the vamp/instep but otherwise fit great. I am concerned as to whether or not I should I take the same size in the Snowdons on the 228 last or size up? The Skyes are fairly new and I have only really begun wearing them regularly now that it is fall, so anyone who has had a pair for a long time: do they stretch at all in the vamp? I pretty much have to wear the Skyes with dress socks right now, but hope to wear the Snowdons with thicker socks.

Thanks.

I've had my Skyes for a bit over 2 years and worn them quite a lot. They've always been worn with thickish socks and have definitely become a little more comfortable. Fwiw I'm going with the same size in the Snowdons.

nigeljh

Reaction score
Quick reminder for those on the Snowdon GMTO; if you haven't sent through your order and payment details as detailed in the PM, please do. If anyone has changed their mind don't worry there are reserves champing at the bit!

Thanks to all those that acted promptly

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just sent my info over to C&J for the order. The makeup on them looks really fantastic, @nigeljh
, did a bang-up job, especially for his first GMTO. I'm pretty stoked to see the zug leather.

[COLOR=222222]I know getting sizing advice on the internet comes with an implicit caveat emptor, but I figured I'd ask for consensus: I have a pair of Skye boots on the 335 last which are tight in the vamp/instep but otherwise fit great. I am concerned as to whether or not I should I take the same size in the Snowdons on the 228 last or size up? The Skyes are fairly new and I have only really begun wearing them regularly now that it is fall, so anyone who has had a pair for a long time: do they stretch at all in the vamp? I pretty much have to wear the Skyes with dress socks right now, but hope to wear the Snowdons with thicker socks. [/COLOR]

I think the more important question is whether those Skye are right length? The vamp on derby shoes/boots usually stretches but if the vamp is tight due to the shoes being short than it is unlikely that vamp will stretch.
I had a pair of Skye and they were too tight in the toe box for me, they were clearly too short for my feet. I should have gone a half a size up from my usual C&J size. Caveat emptor indeed.

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Emailing my info now.

Does anyone remember what the whiskey shell Harlech GMTO last was? I took at 10.5e for that...wondering what size for this.

Faster

Reaction score
Emailing my info now.

Does anyone remember what the whiskey shell Harlech GMTO last was? I took at 10.5e for that...wondering what size for this.
if you are asking about 335; this one is a little roomier in toe box, not quite as long... but fairly sure most everyone take the same.

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ if you're asking about a response from Pernilla, I got a response the very next day.

nigeljh

Reaction score
Almost there - 11 sets of order details submitted!
fing02[1].gif

aglose

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads