• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique this jacket fit

yayo

Reaction score
Hi all, Prepare for possibly the worst pictures in SF history...working with limited resources here.

I bought this jacket off the rack (it's a size S) for next to nothing, so was not expecting miracles. I am concerned about the midsection... It shouldn't be pulling like this, right? Or can I get away with it?
laugh.gif

Thanks. (oh, and excuse the red t-shirt underneath)

ck4di4.png

ck3zk7.png

ck2mg6.png

ck1ul0.png

yayo

Reaction score
yes, that's what I was thinking. Any way to fix this or should I return it?

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yayo
yes, that's what I was thinking. Any way to fix this or should I return it?

Without seeing the whole jacket, and speaking only generally, letting a jacket out in the waist is a fairly simple alteration. Given that my "girlish figure" is a thing of ancient history, I have this done with all my OTR jackets.
frown.gif

yayo

Reaction score
Yeah, I used to get things "taken in" all the time. I guess I am still getting used to the "letting out." How depressing. Rest of the jacket fits me fine, FWIW

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks okay to me. You're holding the camera and it may affect the way the jacket sits. Where'd you get it and how much? I need some not-so-pricy suits.

BYucko

Reaction score
I thought tight was good?

It might be pulling a bit, but that way you know it fits tight and you can show off your waist (if it looks good...can't really tell from the pics sorry).

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess it would be fine if you were to stand straight in it, I think it looks a bit too tight and if you were to bend over or sit in it the button would pop right off. I couldn't tell weither or not the shoulders or sleeves were a good fit, I could only really see the chest.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what worries me is that it's already pulling when you're only wearing a t shirt underneath. However, if you have a dress shirt and tie underneath with that same pull, then it's completely acceptable, and even fashionable, in the appropriate context.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Probably too tight, but post full length pics.

yayo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonlegoman
It looks okay to me. You're holding the camera and it may affect the way the jacket sits. Where'd you get it and how much? I need some not-so-pricy suits.

This is a Calvin Klein...don't know if I'd recommend it except at rock bottom prices. EDIT: bought at Lord & Taylor sale

Thanks all. Like the comments, I am conflicted. I put it on again today and it looked OK with my arms just hanging down (I'll try to get a picture up later). And there's certainly no danger of the button popping off when I sit down or lean over. As for context, this is something I want to wear to work, which is probably what is bothering me.... I would feel fine with a tighter fit in a casual jacket, but there's something about wearing it to the office that's freaking me out...we'll see

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads