• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique My New Website

RLStyle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just created a new RL website so that it would be much easier to find the things im looking for online. The website is not near being finished but I would like your opinions on what categories you would like to see or any other suggestions to make the site more user friendly.

www.ralphlauren-outlet.com

Thanks
RL

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
separation of used and BNWT articles, consistent naming standard and ability to sort items by size would be nice... otherwise eBay's search has better utility...

jcriswel

Reaction score
You have some trademark and copymark issues. I think that's what the cease and desist will be about including the domain name.

RLStyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcriswel
You have some trademark and copymark issues. I think that's what the cease and desist will be about including the domain name.

Hm, what do you suggest I do? Should I scrap the ralph lauren logos? Should I just go and make it a general website for finding discount pieces of clothing instead of just ralph lauren?

Lysol

Reaction score
I think not being naively deceptive in your listings would go a long way with the members of this forum. For example, it seems as quite a good amount of your "sports coats" are in fact orphaned suit jackets. You surely can tell the difference so list it as such.

jcriswel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RLStyle
Hm, what do you suggest I do? Should I scrap the ralph lauren logos? Should I just go and make it a general website for finding discount pieces of clothing instead of just ralph lauren?

You can try it for a while and see what happens. RL will ask you to take it down if they catch you. If you don't take it down, they might sue.

I'm not a lawyer... if you really want good advise, see your lawyer. As the saying goes, free legal advise is worth what you pay for it. I do not think you can use the Ralph Lauren moniker or their logo without their permission which they will not likely give you.

I think you can promote that you are selling Ralph Lauren merchandise without using their property. Think about what you're doing. It's like borrowing your neighbor's car for the day and using it for a taxi to generate some income. You don't mention to your neighbor that you're borrowing his car; you just do it in anticipation that he's not going to notice that you have borrowed his car.

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like a decent site.

As for potential trademark issues; you need to figure out what Ralph (PRL USA) has marked (certainly the freaking horse/rider and probably the block "Polo"). Don't use them.

Septavius

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of RL and I appreciate the efforts, as this could be a very useful site. It might be helpful if you are able to incorporate a way to view items by size. I might also suggest scrapping the all caps "RALPH LAUREN" logo. It looks exactly the same as the one on official website, and that could be problematic.

RLStyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Septavius
I'm a big fan of RL and I appreciate the efforts, as this could be a very useful site. It might be helpful if you are able to incorporate a way to view items by size. I might also suggest scrapping the all caps "RALPH LAUREN" logo. It looks exactly the same as the one on official website.
Yeah im going to integrate putting sizes on the page. I'm going to create a new logo so it wont look like the original website.

Thanks Guys

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads