• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique Mark Zuckerburg's Wedding Outfit

urfloormatt

Reaction score
but at least he could have shown some respect to his bride by looking halfway decent.
As someone pointed out above, waiting until immediately after your stock goes public to prevent your wife via a prenup from ever touching that $20 billion suggests Mr. Zuckerburg is not especially interested in showing her much respect.

Geezer

Reaction score
This reinforces my view that MZ is a "normal" nerd who hit the jackpot. See post on other thread.

If I was 28 again, and worth $18bn, I would:

- Spend a few more years of my life enjoying the company of exceptionally physically attractive albeit intellectually limited and emotionally crippled women with whom the words "$18bn" curiously generate an immediate affinity with BJs in car parks or groupsex in my "crib";

- Have all my underwear made bespoke by A&S, in silk, without front darts;

- Get a pet tiger that sings "Rio" by Duran Duran. And a ******* big boat.

On the other hand, if I was a nerd made good, I'd marry my long-term girlfriend wearing some stuff she ordered online from Banana Republic and then go back to coding and trying to monetise Timeline and get more Mr Spock points on www.technerdforum.com than Eric Schmidt.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Any suggestions on how he go about it?

My feeling is that he could make a big comeback in this thread by writing a contrite post and behaving very deferentially to the doods in this thread who suggested morning wear for him.

It would have been a nice, respectful touch if he had worn a black mock turtleneck shirt with dad jeans. Just an opportunity lost, I guess.

Essential

Reaction score
Everyone hates on FB for being over valued but Amazon has an even higher PE and no one hates on them.
Amazon actually has potential to make a lot of money though. Facebook is just an idea that can be copied more easily (compared to Amazon), which means that its value can seriously plummet. Take a lot at Myspace- sure it's not the same thing but what happened to it can easily happen to Facebook. Unless Facebook changes its business model, it stands to fail on a grand scale. I could spend posts writing about why Amazon is ultimately better than Facebook but I'm too lazy (to write and think it out fully).

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
first off, lots off people dont wear a tux to their wedding. many live and die without ever donning formal wear.

secondly, maybe he just doesnt give a **** about clothes? is there some sort of requirement to care about clothing in all of its nuances. he is good at making money, better in fact than likely anyone (save one ) in this thread is at dressing well. does he go around announcing that everyone else sucks at making multi billion dollar technology empires?

lastly. he got married, he is probably happy, he is one of the most recognized and brilliant men of this generation. does it really make people feel better to knock how he dressed at his wedding in these dark corners of the internet?

i mean really? get a grip.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Amazon actually has potential to make a lot of money though. Facebook is just an idea that can be copied more easily (compared to Amazon), which means that its value can seriously plummet. Take a lot at Myspace- sure it's not the same thing but what happened to it can easily happen to Facebook. Unless Facebook changes its business model, it stands to fail on a grand scale. I could spend posts writing about why Amazon is ultimately better than Facebook but I'm too lazy (to write and think it out fully).

lol, you are absurd. are you even remotely aware of how big and complex facebook is, and all its many arms and other technology companies it swallowed? are you intimately familiar with their entire business model you speak of?

believe you me, if it was easily copied, it would have been. google +? how did that work out?

you know what happened to my space? facebook happened. and what in the hell does amazon, a retailer, have to do with facebook?

im not a huge zuckerberg or facebook fanboy, but if you people are gonna come at them, at least bring something with a bit of sense to it. sheesh.

Geezer

Reaction score
Da, tovarich. [yawn]

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

does it really make people feel better to knock how he dressed at his wedding in these dark corners of the internet?

And added to that, he wasn't even graduated from college, like that other tech loser Gates.

I mean, what are their fallbacks? It's been shown in studies that a college degree can add to your future earnings.

Pretty sad.

Essential

Reaction score
lol, you are absurd. are you even remotely aware of how big and complex facebook is, and all its many arms and other technology companies it swallowed? are you intimately familiar with their entire business model you speak of?
believe you me, if it was easily copied, it would have been. google +? how did that work out?
you know what happened to my space? facebook happened. and what in the hell does amazon, a retailer, have to do with facebook?
im not a huge zuckerberg or facebook fanboy, but if you people are gonna come at them, at least bring something with a bit of sense to it. sheesh.
Look at my quote and you'll be able to tell why I mentioned Amazon.

I really didn't want to get into this too much but I don't particularly like being called absurd.

And yes, I am intimately familiar with the business model. I can say that my dad personally works with a director at a huge investment bank, which for obvious reasons I will not name here.

I'm not questioning how big and complex Facebook is but rather how much it is actually worth. Anyone who doesn't think Facebook is grossly overvalued needs to do some research or rather consult their stockbroker. With the business model Facebook has and a P/E ratio of 80+, it is very troubling for interested/current investors. Unsurprisingly, the ratio has dropped by almost 10 since yesterday. Considering that FB "only" made 1B last year, with very limited potential for growth (you can only show so many ads), it should not be valued so much. Unless a change occurs, the profits will not increase significantly.

A bit of a digression, but look at Apple; it has a P/E of about 14. Apple no doubt has much more potential growth than Facebook because they are innovative. Facebook is also innovative but it doesn't bring it profit (currently). Apple's innovativeness does bring in profit.

Sure Amazon might also be overvalued but it has much greater growth potential as a retailer that dominates buying and selling on the internet. Facebook dominates social media but it can be easily replaced once a "new and better" social network emerges; Amazon is much more complex than Facebook and much harder to replace. Google+ did try to take over Facebook but obviously not every attempt of a takeover succeeds. Regardless, you read my statement wrong; I wrote that compared to Amazon, Facebook can be copied more easily. If you factor in all the small stores that have tried to maintain a buying/selling network as vast as Amazon's, the number of failures will greatly supercede the number of companies that failed to take over Facebook.

Even now, new information is coming to light. Many of FB's underwriters realized that the stock was not worth what it was and proceeded to get rid of it (without releasing the same information to the public). A SEC investigation will most likely occur. Even at this very moment, FB is dropping significantly in value. It's already down 20% from the IPO price.

Is that enough sense for you?

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Look at my quote and you'll be able to tell why I mentioned Amazon.

I really didn't want to get into this too much but I don't particularly like being called absurd.

And yes, I am intimately familiar with the business model. I can say that my dad personally works with a director at a huge investment bank, which for obvious reasons I will not name here.

I'm not questioning how big and complex Facebook is but rather how much it is actually worth. Anyone who doesn't think Facebook is grossly overvalued needs to do some research or rather consult their stockbroker. With the business model Facebook has and a P/E ratio of 80+, it is very troubling for interested/current investors. Unsurprisingly, the ratio has dropped by almost 10 since yesterday. Considering that FB "only" made 1B last year, with very limited potential for growth (you can only show so many ads), it should not be valued so much. Unless a change occurs, the profits will not increase significantly.

A bit of a digression, but look at Apple; it has a P/E of about 14. Apple no doubt has much more potential growth than Facebook because they are innovative. Facebook is also innovative but it doesn't bring it profit (currently). Apple's innovativeness does bring in profit.

Sure Amazon might also be overvalued but it has much greater growth potential as a retailer that dominates buying and selling on the internet. Facebook dominates social media but it can be easily replaced once a "new and better" social network emerges; Amazon is much more complex than Facebook and much harder to replace. Google+ did try to take over Facebook but obviously not every attempt of a takeover succeeds. Regardless, you read my statement wrong; I wrote that compared to Amazon, Facebook can be copied more easily. If you factor in all the small stores that have tried to maintain a buying/selling network as vast as Amazon's, the number of failures will greatly supercede the number of companies that failed to take over Facebook.

Even now, new information is coming to light. Many of FB's underwriters realized that the stock was not worth what it was and proceeded to get rid of it (without releasing the same information to the public). A SEC investigation will most likely occur. Even at this very moment, FB is dropping significantly in value. It's already down 20% from the IPO price.

Is that enough sense for you?

well, sorry i called you absurd, that was uncalled for. ill give you that.

amazon is more complex than facebook? you say so, but i have no proof one way or the other. tbh, i have no way of properly identifying which multi billion dollar monster is more complex. i could say, hell amazon just sells stuff, and lets people sell stuff through them, thats not very complex at all!! ELEVENTYNINER!!! but i have no idea what their complete model looks like, so i dont say things like that.

you again say, as soon as a new and better social network emerges FB will be replaced.

1. dont make that sound so simple. the dude is not a lucky guy, he is probably one of the most brilliant minds on the planet. he understands the social media, and many other landscapes, so much more vastly than almost anyone, such a takeover is highly unlikely imo.

2. if facebeook were a country, it would be the 3rd largest in the world as far as population goes. do you really think getting that many people and businesses and organizations to just more all their media from one platform to another is easy? people have a hard enough time changing their toothpaste brand, imagine moving all their social media? not to mention businesses whose infrastructure relies heavily on FB will also be rather reluctant to move.

on that same vein, FB has gathered almost a billion "people" together. there is money there. just by definition the aggregation of so many people and so much information and data, there is money there. beyond ads, i assure you. where, i dont know, but its there, data is money.

you say FB is overvalued, maybe it is. i have no idea, im not in financials or stock or anything comprable.

ill im saying is, that dont think that taking over FB is an easy task, just waiting for some dude to do it. it would be a monumental one, and that frankly i dont see happening. not to mention the buying power they have, they could likely buy out any potential competitor before it became a true threat.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And added to that, he wasn't even graduated from college, like that other tech loser Gates.
I mean, what are their fallbacks? It's been shown in studies that a college degree can add to your future earnings.
Pretty sad.

it just shows that he has no future, just a flash in the pan, with no potential for long term success. he cant commit.

Facebook works like crap on Netscape, that much I can tell you.

im sorry, what exactly is netscape? :confused:

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Everyone hates on FB for being over valued but Amazon has an even higher PE and no one hates on them.

Amazon also has the secret ingredient to any Internet business, the highly sought after phenomenon known as a business model.

A Facebook ad buy generates half as many clicks as a non-Facebook digital ad buy, which is to say that they've taken a totally underwhelming, broken marketing medium and found a way to make it suck more.

well, sorry i called you absurd, that was uncalled for. ill give you that.
amazon is more complex than facebook? you say so, but i have no proof one way or the other. tbh, i have no way of properly identifying which multi billion dollar monster is more complex. i could say, hell amazon just sells stuff, and lets people sell stuff through them, thats not very complex at all!! ELEVENTYNINER!!! but i have no idea what their complete model looks like, so i dont say things like that.
you again say, as soon as a new and better social network emerges FB will be replaced.
1. dont make that sound so simple. the dude is not a lucky guy, he is probably one of the most brilliant minds on the planet. he understands the social media, and many other landscapes, so much more vastly than almost anyone, such a takeover is highly unlikely imo.
2. if facebeook were a country, it would be the 3rd largest in the world as far as population goes. do you really think getting that many people and businesses and organizations to just more all their media from one platform to another is easy? people have a hard enough time changing their toothpaste brand, imagine moving all their social media? not to mention businesses whose infrastructure relies heavily on FB will also be rather reluctant to move.
on that same vein, FB has gathered almost a billion "people" together. there is money there. just by definition the aggregation of so many people and so much information and data, there is money there. beyond ads, i assure you. where, i dont know, but its there, data is money.
you say FB is overvalued, maybe it is. i have no idea, im not in financials or stock or anything comprable.
ill im saying is, that dont think that taking over FB is an easy task, just waiting for some dude to do it. it would be a monumental one, and that frankly i dont see happening. not to mention the buying power they have, they could likely buy out any potential competitor before it became a true threat.

Also disease and various pestilence.

In short, Facebook is a dog until further notice.

Last edited:

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jim Balsillie and the rest of the RIM management team are nodding earnestly in agreement.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads